Remember these rumors from April 2012..? (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Roald, May 28, 2013.

1. Roald

Roald Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not quite. The advance press screenings a week or so before the Australia premiere settled that point of Khantention.

3. Roald

That's what I meant, the advance screenings. It's still remarkable that we were debating this up until the first screenings. JJ's ability to keep things secret has this '80's quality to it, and in these days of internet leaks, it is a major feet in my book.

4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I remembered and was suprised just how accurate the report was.

If you want really freaky. get a load of THIS THREAD - someone knew that Vulcan was going down waaaaay back in 2007!

5. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh no, the petition didn't work. :rommie:

6. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

The Khan and Klingon rumors were going around forever. I went into the movie unspoiled and expected both.

The Spock one didn't make it to my ears though.

So two were rumors that were rampant and one was confirmed early on by Nimoy himself (which happily, I missed! :) )

Not so impressive.

7. Roald

Nimoy never confirmed he would be in STID, he just confirmed he visited the set. No one knew about his appearance until the first screenings. I think it's impressive that in this day and age, his cameo was kept a secret until that point.

8. Classic Fan

Classic Fan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Precisely what Liam Neeson said upon being seen visiting the studio where The Dark Knight Rises was being filmed, again, fan speculation turned into reality when, surprise surprise, Neeson turned up as Ras Al Ghul in the final movie. :lol:

Happily, I went in blind without a hint at events. Heard rumours, but went in largely unspoilt. And I loved it.

9. BorgPhil

BorgPhil Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I was pretty convinced after that article, that Khan would be in it. I would have been surprised if trekmovie had ran with it, if they weren't sure

10. Galactic Alignment

Galactic Alignment Captain Captain

Advance leaks are nothing new. I remember reading a leaked script of Nemesis online well over a year before seeing the film, possibly before Enterprise (the series) had even premiered. I felt absolutely gutted when I finally was able to watch Nemesis in the cinema, because I realised almost straight away that that crappy leaked script wasn't a hoax or an early discarded draft, but pretty much identical to the finished product. :(

(Worst Trek experience ever, seeing Nemesis at the cinema. Went with a friend who was a proper Trek fan, and he honestly stopped being a fan that afternoon.)

11. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^The script for Nemesis first leaked online July 2001 (movie released December 2002) and was pretty damn accurate. The only things that didn't end up even being filmed were a Gorn wedding guest and a second scene featuring Janeway.

I really miss those days. That kind of access to spoilers was awesome. Now we have to wait until the press screening to get confirmation on who the villain is.

12. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Although a promising quote from John Logan, screenwriter of Star Trek Nemesis, went: "We are going to see some of the original series aliens that we haven't seen for a while. I can't go into detail, but I love the Andorians..." ["Star Trek Communicator" #132], none survived the final draft or cut.

According to Picard in an early draft, Riker's bachelor party was attended by "three Andorians, two Tellarites and a Gorn". The Orion, a Federation delegate ship, was to have been captained by an elderly Andorian named Meelok, who taught Picard (and Janeway) at the Academy.

The final scene of the shooting script appeared to include a new female Andorian Ops officer.

To be fair, we did get quite a few spoilers: the Enterprise underwater, the presence of Carol Marcus, Admiral Marcus, the comic suggesting Section 31 might appear, the return of Madeline, Keenser and Cupcake...