Redfern's Rancid Renders & Caitian Crap

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Redfern, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Given that my existing "ongoing" threads here are several years old (without any updates) and many of the image links point to the all but defunct (and "functed up") PhotoBucket, I thought I'd start a new "catch all" thread for my Trek related "junk" with a partial focus upon M'Ress and Caitians in general (duh, well, of course!) and maybe some attempts at "Lower Decks" Dr. T'Ana.

Let's start with something I slapped together just a week or two ago, my interpretation of a "Mirror, Mirror" M'Ress. It started as attempt to depict the (for the time) somewhat scandalous "MM" midriff baring uniform. It's Oshikai's freebie "retro-skirt" for Aiko 3 that I modified with new "material zones" and accessories.

[​IMG]

Since a few of the "Mirror" counterparts had features distinguishing them from the "good guys", I got the idea to give M'Ress a cyber-eye. well, a goatee like Spock's would not have worked given M'Ress already has far more facial hair than the "evil" Vulcan. ;-) While doing that, I thought about a freebie that could turn a Poser/DAZ figure into Harvey Dent's "Two Face". I looked how the creator arranged the mapping nodes and I realized I could "shrink" the injury to just around the eye. The final effect suggest some sort of "burn" that may have cost M'Ress her eye, resulting in a cybernetic implant.

[​IMG]

Finally, while looking for some gaudy "bangles" and "baubles" for her to wear, I stumbled across an item in my repository, a snake prop coded to "conform" in a coiled fashion upon the base figure. But I didn't want it to be a "boring" earthly python; no, it should be some "over the top" space "critter". So I played with the materials and then positioned the head of a Cthulhu figure to cover the conventional snake head. the fleshy, veiny procedurals helped blend the radically different figures.

[​IMG]

What does this "creature" do? I have no freakin' idea, but I don't think I want to learn!

2. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Ok Bill, where does she hide her dagger in that outfit? Her boot?

3. Orac

Orac Fleet Admiral Admiral

Being an immense pervert I feel compelled to ask, have you made a version of M'Ress with six boobs?

4. StarCruiser

StarCruiser Commodore Commodore

Well, Catians have built in weapons so, she may keep it in her quarters..?

5. Redfern

Well, Uhura did, so I guess M'Ress would do the same thing.

To be honest, I didn't even think about the dagger.

Of course, I could have said that in answer to Q2UnME's question...if I had been clever.

Eh, sorry, but a single pair is good enough for me. Actually, with "good" M'Ress, I'd depict her with "understated elegance" (translation: itty bitty...well, you know), but this being the "evil" counterpart, she's probably the type to harbor petty jealousy of the attention "bad" Uhura gets, so she likely got a boob job to "compete".

6. Atolm

Atolm Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Awesome!

7. Redfern

Meh, I'm pretty much a "one trick pony", but I reason if I am, I might as well hone that "single trick" to the best of my ability. ;)

Atolm likes this.
  8. Redfern

[​IMG]

M'Ress (thinking): "Hmm, spacious...but spartan. I wonder what I can do to make this place feel...homey?"

Yes, Lt. M'Ress has just been assigned to the Enterprise and her post as relief communications officer for Uhura. For "shiggles", what do some of you think the Caitian might bring to her quarters to feel a bit more like home? If an idea is feasible (meaning, if I can make or find a suggested 3D asset, I'll try to incorporate it to an "after" type render. I will, of course, note who recommended what.. Just a silly exercise in group participation.

Kaiser, Cyfa and publiusr like this.
  9. Redfern

[​IMG]

Based upon the pose of the Hallmark hanging Ornament.

Kaiser, Cyfa, Q2UnME and 1 other person like this.
  10. Cyfa

Cyfa Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Your M'Ress looks fantastic! To make herself at home, maybe she'd have a bird in a cage - because she loves them (not to eat, of course - although the bird doesn't know that, and would be terrified!).

11. Henoch

Henoch Rear Admiral Premium Member

A scratching post, of course.