Rapture episode

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by worf1965, May 30, 2021.

1. worf1965

worf1965 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I know some think The Visitor or In The Pale Moonlight are DS9's best episodes. But for me this one is the best as it deals with the Bajoran religion, Sisko as emissary v. Starfleet captain, and Sisko's father/son relationship with Jake. I just loved this one. Thoughts?

DS9forever likes this.
  2. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

Once upon a time, I would have agreed. I like how it deals with religious experience largely from a personal perspective. I love the interaction between Winn and Kira. And Brooks is commanding in the episode.

However, my enthusiasm had waned. The pacing is rushed. I feel there needed to be more drama around Jake's decision. I think that more should have been done to make more sense of Winn's change of heart.

3. Swedish Borg

Swedish Borg Commodore Captain

Well, I don't know. It's an ok episode I guess... But there are lots of things in it that leave a lot to be desired... Like when Sisko is doing his mister fantastic impression... "Marry that man, go back to your crops , buy that lottery ticket, ...if you want to know more, here's my 800 number!!! :D"

I hate these kinds of people in real life, it's not to enjoy seeing them on the small screen...

4. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

It's ok, the lame fight brings it down

5. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm trying to remember a fight in Rapture ... are you getting your wires crossed with S6's The Reckoning? (in which case I agree re: lame fight).

FanST likes this.
  6. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

You're right! XD
    Titles are too similar, and Reckoning was a thing recently because of the PIC S2 teaser ;)

7. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My favourite part of the episode is when Sisko in the holosuite and Kira comes in to tell him that Winn has arrived. Sisko starts trying to formulate all these excuses for why he can't meet with her and then just says to Kira 'meh, make something up'.