Rank the Series

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by XKin, Feb 13, 2008.

1. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Going by public recognition, it runs:

TOS
    TNG
    DS9
    VOY
    ENT

My list looks very different, especially if I could split the spin offs in half. In each case midway thru, they become very different shows than how they started out. Trek seemingly thrives on retooling, where lesser shows don't survive changes in formula. Fan expectation always seems to be "when are they going to shake this up".

2. JayTheTrekkie

JayTheTrekkie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My rank:

1. TNG
    2. Voyager
    3. Deep Space Nine
    4. Enterprise
    5. TOS (have not seen TOS)

3. JM1776

JM1776 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

1. TOS
    2. TNG
    3. DS9
    4. TAS
    5. ENT
    6. VOY

4. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

1.TNG-DS9
    2.TOS
    3.TAS
    35.VOY
    1,011. ENT

5. DRADIS

DRADIS Lieutenant Red Shirt

1>DS9
    2>TNG
    3>ENT
    4>TOS

5>VOY

6. TrekNut87

TrekNut87 Captain Captain

DS9- My favorite of the Trek series and also the sries I feel to be the most well written. I fell in love with the characters from the beginning and really liked that it got away from the norm and went into the darker side of things.

TOS- Though this looks dated, the stories it told were top-notch. I also loved the relationship that the "Big 3" shared throughout the series. This, like DS9 had quality writing and though it trailed off in season 3 the stories were still entertaining.

TNG- I grew up on TNG and might've ranked it higher had I not seen every episode a thousand times over. The characters were interesting in the beginning, but seemed to get dull as the show went on.

VOY- VOY had an excellent premise to it and great potenial, but was butchered by weak, bland writing and it's over-focus on 7 of 9.

ENT- I could never get into this. I stuck with it for as long as I could, but every week I found myself turning the channel after ten minutes because the story was so bad. The writing did pick up in the latter two seasons but not enough to hold my attention. There were a few very well written stories here and there, but overall the quality was poor. The characters were another weak point for me as well. Every one of them seemed so dry that it was painful to watch.