"Rajiin" - UGH

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Gaith, May 8, 2012.

1. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

T'Pol is an adherent of the "Koot-nu-kamel-toe."

:)

2. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Dang, that Pic, does make it look like T'Pol is "Packin'", that's too high and prominent for simple "Camel Toe" :confused:

3. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think T'Pol might be packin a merkin.
    Those pj's should have been shorts to match the tops.

4. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

You're telling me that US troops never got anything out of all those Iraqi prisoners whom they water-boarded in Abu-Graib?

So what, they did it for sport? :vulcan:

5. bluedana

bluedana Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Anomaly showed that torture worked in that situation. One instance cannot "generally" show anything. And history shows that torture sometimes works and sometimes produces false information, so an example where it does work isn't a lie.

6. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've grown to enjoy Season 3 a lot more than Season 4 but I agree, Rajiin was a terrible episode. While there was some great episodes in the early part of the season (Twilight and Anomoly), the season really didn't get going until Proving Ground and then you had that great arc between Azati Prime to the first 40 minutes (DVD time) of Zero Hour. So we knew earth wasn't going to get destroyed, but season 3 had 2 things that lacked all the other seasons: Character development and character flow.

7. horatio83

horatio83 Commodore Commodore

Did the pictures look like anything but pure sadism to you?

Back to the topic, on a superficial glance the third season of ENT definitely has a neocon feel to it. But story-wise it definitely differs from what has happened in the real world, Archer realizes early enough who the real enemy is.

8. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

I think you need to be kinda sadist in order to take part in that shit. A normal human being doesn't have a stomach for such things.

Could you expand on this real-world analogy? I'm not sure what you mean.

9. horatio83

The third season of ENT was obviously inspired by 9/11 and many people dislike it because it feels like what actually happened with Archer torturing people and so on.

Yet the key difference to actual events is that Archer realizes who the real enemy (in the real world that'd be realizing that Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are the hotbed of Sunni extremism whereas Afghanistan is just a backyard) is and convinces the resonable Xindi.
    The lovely thing is that the season neither proposes a "let's go in and kill 'em" nor a Picardesque "let's talk our way out of it" solution.
    On a sidenote, interestingly and not coincidentally Archer's relation with Shran was similar, slowly evolving from animosity towards friendship.

10. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

But the Taliban still WERE the enemy. That much is certain. Whether or not they actually had anything to do with 9/11 is less relevant.

11. horatio83

Let me slightly change this:

Obviously it was very relevant that the sphere builders were behind it. If Archer hadn't discovered this and convinced the Primates and Arboreals he wouldn't have been able to save Earth.

Not that you can compare this one-to-one with the real world but that waging war in a country which harbours a bunch of criminals is a dubious course of action (although I initially agreed with the interpretation of 9/11 as an act of war upon the US, as the first defense case for the NATO, I now agree with Tariq Ali: it was a crime and thus necessitated a police action) which ignores that we recently gave these people weapons and money and that not the Taliban but our rich friends in Saudi-Arabia fuel Sunni extremism (fight the cause and not the symptoms) should be obvious.

12. bluedana

bluedana Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Please can we not turn this thread into a 9/11-war on terror-Iraq-Afghanistan debate? Please?

Topic: Rajiin. I liked her hairstyle. Don't understand where she got the extra clothes, though. I wonder if she gave them tainted bio information (from the Extinction mutation) for the weapon we saw in Carpenter Street.