Quentin Tarantino has an idea for a ST film (kind of)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by VOODOOXI, Sep 18, 2017.

1. MakeshiftPython

MakeshiftPython Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So?

2. ralfy

ralfy Commander Red Shirt

Perhaps one should expect more of it along the way, but likely only to a point that they still remain in something like a PG sweet spot.

3. MakeshiftPython

MakeshiftPython Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Such an arbitrary system!

4. fireproof78

fireproof78 Vice Admiral Admiral

They really don't need to.

Ovation likes this.
  5. ISS Enterprise

ISS Enterprise Commander Red Shirt

The line between PG13 and R has closed in the past few years, in the U.S.

I am not up to date with foreign market requirements and am NOT speaking towards them

I'm in my 40s with two teenage boys. We would go see certain movies first to judge if ok for one or both to see on "close calls" (subjective criteria understood)

I believe in PG13 you get 1 F bomb, any more and moves to R. Some of the violence in PG13 movies would've been an R in my youth - The Dark Knight was PG13 for example. So it's a moving target here in the States IMO

6. ralfy

ralfy Commander Red Shirt

7. fireproof78

It really is a moving target and can be very frustrating.

8. KittyHAWK

KittyHAWK Ensign Red Shirt

Gawds, not S. Jackson.. in Star Wars, he had no place to be in it. its the way he talks is a put-off. The dude that played Robocop would be suited than KR.

9. fireproof78

QT would handle Sam Jackson better, I think. I think his more anachronistic style of speech would fit in Star Trek better than Star Wars. Or, rather, what people expect of him.

STEPhon IT likes this.
  10. STEPhon IT

STEPhon IT Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Samuel L. Jackson is a great actor and he can take a role and make it great. He would be inviting for me if he was cast in QT's Star Trek; even a great actor like Jackson are cast in bad films, that doesn't mean he wasn't appropriate for Star Wars.