Prometheus 2 start filming in Feb, Star Wars 8 this month!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by martok2112, Sep 14, 2015.

1. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

If only there were existing threads for those movies.

3. Leviathan

Leviathan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

...so, for Prometheus 3 couldn't they just do up a new title screen for 'Alien' and re-release the sucker?

4. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought Episode 8 already started filming in Skellig.

5. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

I'm sure you're being facetious, but Ridley Scott has repeatedly said that he is completely done with the Xenomorphs. That's why he brought Lindelof in to rewrite Prometheus, which originally had the Aliens all over it.

6. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Hmm....perhaps Yahoo news is a bit later with their news than everyone else.

I'll be careful then not to post anything from Yahoo news. :)

7. JWPlatt

JWPlatt Commodore Commodore

This isn't a prequel or sequel thread. It's a parallel thread in the same universe as the other threads, but with a new question no one ever thought of and bits of DNA from the old threads. I hear they will get Lindelof to rewrite all our posts to make them better.

Except Scott never said he was done with that "dragon" until well after Prometheus and Lindelof - i.e., only recently in terms of Prometheus 2:

Lindelof was only hired to wrap the bigger god question around the Alien prequel and bring the story in line with that. <=- Forced myself to state that as objectively as possible without the irresistibly colorful adjectives about Lindelof's inability to answer questions, write believable characters, and make sense - and Scott's negligent management of the script.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015