Post Your Dreams Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Johnny7oak, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I remember that happening to me one time when I was younger. I must have been having one of my recurring dreams about getting in trouble for being several hours late. So I suddenly awoke in a panic, thinking I was running late for school, and I jumped out of bed and scrambled to get dressed. When I finally looked at the clock, it turned out that it was an hour before my alarm was set to go off. :scream:

Kor

cosmic mouse likes this.
  2. Butters

Butters Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I want to log this latest one but the potential psychoanalytics are too perturby, so I’ll just leave it at weird.

3. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Had an interesting one.

I've forgotten the first part, but basically someone was giving me a lift along a road that was 2 lanes in each direction separated by a strip. When I got out and said thanks and the car drove off, I crossed all 4 lanes to the other side. I realised I was still holding a champagne flute, and had been dropped (as requested apparently) at the gates to the farm my parents looked after when we first arrived in Australia. I was waiting for someone, I think. I wonde4red what I was going to do with the glass.

As I waited, I saw an old car of mine going past in the same direction I arrived from, with a couple other cars behind it, and I could hear someone talking loudly about an anniversary.

The mail was sitting on top of the box at the gate. Oddly enough, though this farm is hundreds of kms from where I now live, the local free paper was wrapped around the mail (and wet after rain). There were letters, magazines (I think one was Penthouse?) and bills.

The the current owner/tenant arrived, got out of his car and we shook hands. I just realised he looked a lot like a family friend who passed away some time ago. He picked up his mail as we talked.

That was where it fades. Was I going with him to the farm, or waiting for a lift back to wherever? No idea. Think waiting for a lift.

Went online to see what I could find.
    (I couldn't copy the text, ahd to make images)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Motorway/Freeway/Interstate: Like any road it indicates your prevailing direction in, or approach to, life – this direction/approach can be either self-created out of your own actions or decisions, or arise out of other peoples or social influence.

Highway
    To see a highway in your dream represents your sense of direction and your life's path. Consider the conditions of the highway which will reveal how much you feel in charge of your life. A smooth, straight highway signifies inner peace, while a winding, bumpy road reflects emotional distress/disharmony.

Dream About Walking on Freeway
    Freeway in dreams symbolize direction and approach to life. If you are driving smoothly and effortlessly, you are on the fast track to achieve your goals. Below we will go over more freeway related dream interpretations.

Walking on the freeway or trying to cross it, indicates that you will suffer difficulties in your progress. You are not well equipped in your undertakings and you will bring dangers to yourself from your actions.

Not winding, very straight, seemed to be going back to a starting point before returning to, for want of a better word, the present. No problem crossing it. Why I'm going there before coming back is the puzzler.

As to the flute, well, I've just finished what is, for me, a major, major project, and I'm good with it.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  4. Butters

I dreamed I was trying to cross a road by the sea. It was a wide carriage way, only one lane in each direction but the cars were passing each other at speed. Lots of people were trying to get across but the speed and frequency was too high for most.

There were also pink emergency vehicles with purple lights. I couldn’t work out what they were for, but lots of them passed with sirens and flashing purple light.

Getting across the road was difficult, and I had my children to get across too, but they broke free and made it across without me. I tried following but couldn’t, and had to watch them sit on a wall and wait for me. This made me more anxious and likely to take a risk.

Another pedestrian misjudged the traffic and ran out, stumbled and fell in to the path of a speeding car. It took evasive action and narrowly missed the guy, but span out of control to the side of the road where my kids were waiting. It missed them, and the commotion stopped the traffic so that I could join them.

5. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had a dream that I went in for dental surgery. I was put under general anesthesia, and I could faintly feel teeth being cut and pieces being pulled out even as my whole world was in darkness. In the dream, I awoke from the anesthesia to find that I had a couple of missing top teeth, and the bottom teeth had been completely replaced by dentures on a plate that wouldn't stay in place. Chewing on food was a miserable experience due to the physical discomfort. I'm getting nauseated just thinking about the dream. Yikes. :eek:

Kor

6. cosmic mouse

cosmic mouse Commodore Commodore

Wow, I just actually recalled some, visual part of a dream from last night: something involving me trying to bathe some, small, furred creature in the bathroom sink. I just have a mental image of damp, fur and the animal curled up in the sink basin.

7. cosmic mouse

cosmic mouse Commodore Commodore

this is a nightmare imho. I have a tooth-trauma phobia. Sounds horrific.

Marynator likes this.
  8. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Yes, but...is it safe?

Gary Mitchell likes this.
  9. Butters

A proper mishmash of imagery this last night. There was a doctor Who club meeting at my place of work, with the actual doctors as members. I had a bottle of white chocolate baileys on my desk and I was sharing it with McCoy.

The office was also full of lego, probably a representation of the kids bedroom, but all my old drinking buds had been building Lego versions of our favourite pubs.

Then I found myself on eBay, buying two items that I’d always wanted for Christmas when I was a child, but spending all of our Christmas budget on them.

Toward the end of the dream, I noticed everyone, including me, was
    drawn in the style of a vintage DC comic.

10. Butters

Had another work dream. I was in a large lecture theatre, but there were only about five of us. I was presenting on a piece of work I was doing, but the slides weren’t ready, none of the information was correct or where it should be, and I had to keep apologising for my obvious incompetence. They all knew more about my work than i did.

11. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I vaguely remember a weird dream involving my 18-year-old nephew with autism. His upper body was gone, but he could still walk and talk. Both arms were attached to his lower abdominal region, and his tummy resembled his old face. I felt so sorry for him. :( All I could do was to be supportive of him.

12. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

YES! I've had a similiar type of dream for decades! In my case, it always starts with that one room in my "home" that I never really paid much attention to, or spent much time in. Usually I'll go in that room and wonder why I never really went into that room. There will be a door or two that leads into new room after new room, and I'm usually thinking "Why did I never do this before?"

As for recurring elements....I used to have a fairly expansive recurring dream geography. I once thought about mapping it out, but it became hard to reconcile certain locations because in my dreams I associate them with one of the four cardinal directions. Oddly enough, I don't recall any locales being associated with "south".

The most recurring locale these days, is a huge stairway. Now this stairway is nothing fancy or remarkable, and usually it's just....there. I couldn't tell you about whatever structure houses it. It's always different. Anyway, the stairway..... It's like something you'd have probably seen in PS1 Tomb Raider, now that I think about it. Lots of right angles, the steps themselves are large and wide, but not tall. The walls are brown stone, with some kind of paneled design I would call "Aztec-esque" because I don't really know what authentic Aztec design would look like. And there might be torches evenly spaced out every so often, it's lit up as if there were .

Anyway, every once in a while this stairway might go up. More often than not, it goes down. The thing is, I can't say how far. In this, the waking world, no term for it really works. I could say "one, two or ten stories" but that doesn't feel right. Neither does "infinity". When I'm in the dream, the best I can describe my notion of how deep it is, is a feeling of "descending into unknowable depths". There's an air of strange mystery the deeper one goes. A feeling of remoteness and a certain increasing....darkness or fading. It's hard to tell on that one. But I'm never scared, or whatever feelings of fear I have are also tinged with the excitement of descending into the mysterious unknown. Usually I'll get to some depth and get the sense that I need to get back. Occasionally these stairs may let out into a "level" or "floor", but that's very rare. Usually it's just a seemingly never ending staircase.

And that's how that usually goes. Until the other night. I had that same dream, and I was excited to be running down those stairs, into mysterious depths. I descended and as I turned the first corner, the stairs were dark as pitch, and on the walls there were bump like protrusions with glowing purple circular areas a couple inches in diameter. The glow from these was enough for me to see the other protrusions by how they blocked the glow of these purple areas on other protrusions, but not enough to really illuminate the blackness. I think I went down a flight and as far as I could tell, it was the same going forward. I was overtaken with an uneasy sense that the place had been infected by something alien and unknowable. Not sure what happened next, probably went back up and woke up.

That dream stuck with me all day, it was so weird and out of the norm. Before I had this dream, I wanted to start recording when I visited this locale, so it was weird that the first dream after this had this element. Sometimes locales in my dreams change and have a forward sense of progress. This is probably because I grew up in a huge forest area, but the forest is largely gone thanks to a massive influx of development over the last twenty years. So certain dream locales have reflected that change.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Butters likes this.
  13. Butters

^ Interesting. The geography of dreams is baffling. I’ve often had the extra room dream. More often than not it’s my parents house, and the room is tucked away behind a staircase, but its never dank and dank, it’s well lit through big windows, and the room has a stale dry smell, and the floor is littered with dry leaves.

Another recurring feature is the underbelly of my parents house. In the dreams, the whole street and gardens is artificial, and through cracks in the pavement I can see the support structures holding it all up.

The Lensman likes this.
  14. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Butters likes this.
  15. Sibyl

Sibyl Caffeine Pill Popper Rear Admiral

I've had exactly one lucid dream in my life if you don't count the other night when I'm pretty sure I was still wide awake but getting ready for sleep. I was tucked in under my covers with my eyes closed facing the back of my couch. I was suddenly facing a younger and more idealized version of me as if I was looking in a mirror that was three inches from my eyes (therefore my reflection looked like it was six inches away). I thought about it for a moment and mused to myself that this was really strange. My reflection disappeared and I could see the texture of the back of my couch. My eyes were closed the entire time. Then I drifted to sleep and can't remember dreaming afterward.

My friend tells me that I was somehow astral-projecting, but I don't believe in that. It was more like a hallucination rather than a waking dream.

The Lensman likes this.
  16. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

I had a nightmare with the Crites from Critters. I was at my grandmother’s house with several strangers and we were being menaced by them. I woke up as I heard one get through a back door from her patio, I was sneaking up on so I could smash it to death before it noticed me. I haven’t seen any of the films in years so I’m more worried that my brain went for it as nightmare fuel, especially since I never found them to be that scary.

Gryffindorian likes this.
  17. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

I dreamed that I was running out of my old high school. The sky turned red. Then suddenly I was in Hawaii. No buildings were anywhere. But there were volcanoes and the sky was still red. Then they erupted. The air felt nice and warm. Not the super-hot you'd expect it to be.

Another time, I dreamed that I was falling, then a wooden ship was falling passed me, along with a skeleton. I ended up in the woods. Except the woods kept getting deeper and deeper and deeper. Then I found a treasure chest.

Another dream I had was I was in my house, then I went down to the basement. Up against the wall was a gateway to a massive underground subway. When I turned around, I went back upstairs, and I discovered a secret previously unknown floor existing to the side of my house between the basement and first floor that I never knew about. And then suddenly the year was 1980-something. I could see my family, and myself at that time, and here I was. The me of today, watching in this invisible floor, thinking this is too weird. The experience I saw was nothing like the one I remember. I was looking at some other version of my earlier life.

Final dream. I'm in my old school again. I'm with a group of people, on a tour, then we get separated. I'm wondering around, then I reach a place I think I'm supposed to be. I see my boss at the job I was at when I was dreaming this, except he had a gigantic head and was socializing some well-off old white guy, they're laughing, and I'm supposed to go up to him, then I realize I have to get out of there. I run off. I get into my car. It looks like a cross between two previous cars I had. The car doesn't take off. Then I wake up.

Okay. One more. Then I'm really done. Water comes from nowhere in my house. It starts filling up. Then it spreads to outside on my street. I float away. Then I'm back in my house. The water's gone. But my chest starts bursting and out comes a Xenomorph. After I woke up, it took me about 10 minutes to convince myself an alien didn't suddenly burst out of me. That's what you get for watching all four Alien movies (at the time) in a row the previous day.

So that's some of the stuff I dream about.

Marynator and The Lensman like this.
  18. Obsidian7

Obsidian7 Commander Red Shirt

I've had some weird dreams but I can't remember most of them off the top of my head.

Although... Last night, I had a dream about Desmond from Lost. We were walking down the street in my hometown. We walked into a shop that didn't exist in real life. I think he was brainwashed or was a sleeper agent. The details are a bit fuzzy. I think it had something to do with hacking or trying to kill someone.

Then, someone tried to enter the shop. I clearly remember flipping the sign over to 'closed.' In that moment, the customer tried to talk to Desmond and I managed to sneak out.

I called the police but had trouble remembering the details. Then a superior officer joined the call and I don't think they believed me when I started to remember. (The first person believed me and assured them.) Then, I received a letter from Desmond. I seem to remember the word x-men multiple times and drawings. The letter didn't make sense but the impression that I got was that he wasn't happy and wanted to kill me. And... That's all I can remember.

19. Marynator

Marynator Queen of all the Realms Premium Member

I had a dream last night a robber was at my house, he was at my back door (I have a sliding glass door in my kitchen), and it was open for some reason. He was very stereotypical, like he had an eye mask, he had a black hat, and a black and white striped shirt, like Black Bart from A Christmas Story. So anyway, I'm standing there, and he asks me if I'm all alone ... I lie and I say my husband's upstairs, and I don't think he really believes me. I have my phone and I start calling the police, and I shout my address at the dispatcher I got, and that's all I really remember. I remember him though, he was huge and very menacing, but he never really came inside my house.

20. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

One recurring dream I seem to have is I’m back in high school or college for some reason, and I can never find the classroom, so I’m super late. And I realize I didn’t do the homework.

And it’s not, I never left college or high school. For whatever reason I am going back to them, as an adult who also has an adult job.

Also there are some racing dreams. Usually I am ahead near the start (Which is very unrealistic). Then I somehow take a wrong turn and get off course. Or try to run hard but then feel so heavy I can barely get to a jog. But the obstacles in those dreams can be amazing, like the kinds of obstacles if you fell you’d die. Zip lines over chasms (The kind you hang from, not harness in), hanging obstacles three stories off the ground. Or one time, the race was in Fenway Park, and one of the obstacles was I had to bowl a strike before I could continue the race.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018