POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT - CUMBERBATCH ROLE - AVOID

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Transwarp Drive, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

We were told eons ago to expect canonical characters.

This comic mini-series is a prelude to the movie, and supposedly ties in to to "Star Trek Ongoing", which has already done the Mitchell story. If Uhura goes silver-eyed in the prelude comic, she will be back to normal by the new movie.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

The big question is, is it shining in her eyes or out of her eyes?

3. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sounds like a complicated setup. Remember, the audience will mainly be comprised of people for whom "augment" and "eugenics" are meaningless, eye-glazing technobable, and who have plunked down their twelve bucks to see exciting zap-bang action, not listen to characters yak yak yak for the purpose of setting up a plotline.

Gary Mitchell is wonderfully action-movie-ready: Starfleet officer gains power of a god, goes crazy, zany hijinks ensue! That can be explained quickly enough that nobody will get bored and go to the lobby for popcorn.

After all, the important part is "it will go horribly wrong." Why take more time than necessary getting to that point? The way you described Khan is just an unnecessarily complicated version of Mitchell anyway.

4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Action movie fans understood that Captain America was a souped-up human easily enough. "They did it in the past, they turned out evil and it led to a devastating war, now crooks in Starfleet are trying it again" is simple enough, I think.

5. Miss Lemon

Miss Lemon Commodore Commodore

My guess is that it's Gary Mitchell shining in her eyes.

6. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

for issue number one Kirk's face was half in the light and half in the dark. Uhura is exactly the same. The title of the movie Into Darkness is reflected here in the way that these two characters are being lit. They're moving into darkness. I don't think it reveals the villain here in any way until we know who that is. Right now it just looks like the lighting is symbolizing the title of the movie.

7. teacake

I wonder if they will be making terrible decisions that only we the viewers know will lead to awfulness.

8. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

I have this feeling that uhura will play a very important role in the new film. As I am female fan, I for one am glad even though I know that it will piss of many TOS Trek fans who are already pissed at JJ Abrams Trek, Most people define TOS trek as the Kirk and Spock show with a little bit of Bones. Everybody else is just................oh well.

If you judge by the countdown comic for the first film, the characters that got front page in the comic book had a major influence on the plot. Secondly if you guys remember the leaked pictures, she and Spock where fighting Cummberbatch’s character and if I where to guess what happened based on those pictures, Cummberbatch beats up Spock and attacks her as you see her alone with Cummberbatch’s character holding a phraser to his face.

Perhaps he breaks her hand.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  9. Orac

Orac Fleet Admiral Admiral

If they wanted to make her look sexy she should have been drawn doing her fan-dance. :mallory:

10. teacake

I am a big fan of the fan dance.

Maybe I'd like to be up on that dune myself, saving the galaxy with feathers.

11. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

[​IMG]

In this scene, Uhura seems to be hesitant to shoot at Cumberbatch. I think this is one of the difficult decisions that the characters will take.

12. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

Yeap, this does proves my point a bit..However there is some kind of confrontation between the two of them and if this guy can take down Spock even with Spock's vulcan strength, poor little human Uhura is in serious trouble.

13. teacake

Cumberbatch: Sweetie is that your phaser or are you just happy to see me?

Uhura: <farm animals> goddam it <farm animals>

And then he dies.

14. newtontomato539

newtontomato539 Commander Red Shirt

"Hey, baby. Why so serious?"

He's playing The Joker! WTF!? :wtf: :Rant:

:guffaw:

15. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's nothing in that comic cover that suggests the movie is about Mitchell.

The whole "Gary Mitchell" nonsense is one of the most ridiculous fannish rumors/memes in Trek movie history.

16. teacake

I'm going to laugh my ass off it turns out to be him.

17. Transwarp Drive

Transwarp Drive Lieutenant

That might come back to bite you on the arse 'My Name Is Fucktard'

:guffaw:

18. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Using their logic then, when looking at the cover with Kirk where half of his body is invisible and made of stars, we should presume that Kirk will play.. a galaxy!

just a cover art. Her eyes aren't glowing like Gary Mitchell's they are just shining and reflecting lights like the rest of her body. Kirk's eyes in the first cover are like that too.

19. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Wow...was that really necessary?:eek:

20. Transwarp Drive

Transwarp Drive Lieutenant

It was an ironic fucktard not a nasty fucktard.

I'm using fucktard in context.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.