Spoilers Possibility of Lando in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by The Nth Doctor, Dec 17, 2017.

1. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

A thought occurred to me after sleeping on The Last Jedi. All that remains of the Rebellion is the ragtag team aboard the Millennium Falcon and the small possibility of allies on the outer rim of the galaxy. Perhaps this is where Lando has been hiding, having returned to his pre-Resistance state like Han and Chewbacca, and then maybe the Rebellion finds him while searching for recruits to their cause, either by accident or deliberately on the behest of Leia.

I think this would be a much better use of the character than what I've seen other suggest in lieu of DJ in The Last Jedi. Assuming he returns at all.

Booji likes this.
  2. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I like the idea of having Lando leading a fusion of the combined forces of the Republic remnants and the Outer Rim systems alongside the 12 people left from the Resistance :p...

The Alliance ;)

EmoBorg likes this.
  3. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Poe, Finn, Rey, Rose, Chewie and.....?

Do droids count ?

4. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

PORGS

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Lt. Connix

6. The Nth Doctor

At this given moment, Leia. And I think I saw Nien Nunb on the Millennium Falcon, too.

7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was hesitant about adding Leia since she's not going to be in Episode IX. Forgot about Nien Nunb, though.

Although, he we do include Leia, that gives us our twelve.
    1) Poe
    2) Finn
    3) Rey
    4) Rose
    5) Chewie
    6) Leia
    7) Connix
    8) Nien Nunb
    9) C-3PO
    10) R2-D2
    11) BB-8
    12) Porg

8. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

We don't know that. Obviously Carrie won't be involved, but Leia could remain a key (off-screen) player. Maybe.

9. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

Maybe Leia would have an off screen death and in episode 9 , Lando assumes command of the remaining resistance and their outer rim allies.
    Maybe Corellia and a few other core worlds planets would join in as well.

I am sure that the First Order has many, many enemies eager to fight them.

10. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Starting the movie with Leia's funeral gives a pretty good excuse to bring in Lando and any other classic characters they want to include.

mos6507 and theenglish like this.
  11. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Has Billy Dee Williams ever expressed interest in returning?

Qonundrum likes this.
  12. The Nth Doctor

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. That's probably a more natural connection than my original suggestion.

Assuming that's what they plan to do with Leia.

I'm pretty certain he has.

13. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

I'm sure a thousand people can see one a thousand ways, but with Han dead I personally just don't see any point to bringing Lando back into the mix. Besides, I think they've fucked up enough beloved characters for one trilogy.

14. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

I could see Lando ending up as having clawed his way into a mostly-respectable little kingdom on the outer rim. Might make a good landing place for a ragtag band of would-be rebels hoping to build a new alliance.

That gives him a role to play (reluctant host) and also gives him enough power and connection to help shape the plot.

15. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

That is my hope for Leia. She could be in command off camera for most of the movie. It's common that we have fictional Presidents which we never see their faces. Or how Jesus was portrayed in Ben Hur. You only see him in scenes were only the back of his head is to camera. There are not a lot of scenes of him just he is just a presence through out the story. Which would work well for Leia. More than that would be disrespectful and border on parody.

I am all for Lando returning. The Last Jedi shows business and financing of Wars is the real evil that keeps it going. Lando could be the Rebels inside man who helps cripple the First Order's finances.

16. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Repeatedly.

Seems cruel not to...

Qonundrum likes this.
  17. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I read recently that BDW is now wheelchair-bound. Which doesn’t, of course, prevent a return, but it perhaps limits what they can do with Lando’s character.

18. Kirk the Jerk

Kirk the Jerk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

With the way Disney, J.J and Rian Johnson have shown, they have zero respect for the previous cast so I think it’s far more likely Lando won’t be included or even mentioned. They’ve killed off everyone else so why introduce another ‘old’ character to kill? All they have to do is get R2, C-3PO and Chewie on the falcon and booom, OT gone forever! That’ll most likely be the opening scene and they can say Leia was on board too!

19. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

IIRC Johnson said that he would’ve liked to include Lando but couldn’t find a way to do so.

20. Kirk the Jerk

Kirk the Jerk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Because he wasn’t prepared to ‘tweak’ his precious story line to help it, all they had to do was make Lando be the code breaker and they still get caught red handed it wouldn’t have made that pointless arc any more ridiculous and it would again show how ‘human’ they are. They tried and failed. Which was the message of this movie. Instead they trust someone they don’t even know and are surprised when he ‘rats them out’