please, easiest fastest way to ge rid of rundll32.exe error?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by melancholymecha, Apr 15, 2011.

1. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

yeah this thing popped up when I started up my system today & I googled & apparently its not a safe thing to have, & it looks complicated to remove, so anyone know a fast easy way to get rid of it? b/c my dry eye is really bad this week & my eyes hurt & Im not in the mood of staring at tiny text on a screen today. Help! :( :scream: :(

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

3. melancholymecha

^thanks! well i did what it said & Im not sure if it removed it or not... it still shows up in my list of start up programs but Ive restarted the comp twice & no longer get the error message, so I guess it got rid of it? :confused:

4. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

If I remember correctly that error can be a symptom of a computer virus. Have you run a scan lately?

5. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Yes, that error can occur when a startup file has been corrupted by a virus. Make sure you do a scan.

6. melancholymecha

yikes I just ran a malwarebytes antimalware scan & it found 3 infections. Im going to run AVG now & see what it finds.

7. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

You've probably fixed it. That's a good link auntihill posted. Also, try some of the other programs in my PM. It's good to have several, because they all work a bit differently, and to run them about once a week (or if your computer has symptoms).