PlayStation Classic coming

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kaos, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Eris Morn

Eris Morn Badass Admiral

I remember sales for 25-ish quid (Grainger Games?) but there must have been even cheaper ones in the UK

2. Muffin Of Doom

Muffin Of Doom All hail Doctor 13 Premium Member

What a pile of junk and no Tomb Raider or other stuff that made the PS1 fun. Shame Sony shame.

3. JaffreyPanthosa

JaffreyPanthosa Vice Admiral Admiral

The advantage Nintendo has with classic systems is that a far higher percentage of the games people want to play are first party.

Also I think with Nintendo there were fewer major niches in the gaming population. Whereas some people may want a PS Classic for the FPSes, I would want it for Tales of Eternia, Star Ocean 2 and Valkyrie Profile. Whereas most people would agree on, say, Link to the Past and Super Metroid, fewer people would agree on which PSX games they want.

4. Kor

Kor Admiral Admiral

At least it has Battle Arena Toshinden, which I remember a classmate of mine mishearing as "Ballerina Toshinden."

Kor

ISP_Zombie likes this.
  5. PureCrimson

PureCrimson Commander Red Shirt

It's been out for years, actually, for PC. I believe it's called an emulator.

Muffin Of Doom likes this.
  6. Mooch

Mooch Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My Psone is still hooked up, and all the games I have or might want are available on the PS3 anyway, so not very enticing to me. And I have a raspberry pi.

ISP_Zombie likes this.