PITCH the next viacomCBS Star Trek movie! Just for fun

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Danlav05, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Star Trek: Dirty Harry.

Need I say more?
    "Go ahead. Make my day."

Lord Garth likes this.
  2. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

Dirty Harry: "Did I fire six shots or only five?"
    Random Klingon: "Hey! I gots to know!"

Captain_Oblivious likes this.
  3. Captain_Oblivious

*PEWPEW*
    Oops. I only fired four. :P

Seriously though, I'd watch the hell out of a Dirty Harry style film in the trek universe. Set around the late TMP era, maybe even into the early 24th century?

Lord Garth likes this.
  4. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or how about a young Garak show?

We open with him dressed in the unmistakeable attire of the Obsidian Order chasing another young Cardassian officer through the streets of a Bajoran work town as he firing his weapon hopelessly and aimlessly into the crowd. The last blast strikes the other Cardassian in his back shoulder, slamming him into the wall ahead. The other officer scrambles to his knees and grabs a near-by young Bajoran woman and points his weapon at her head and shouts at Garak, "I'll kill her. You know I will."

Garak chuckles, "Oh, my dear Dukat, you could no more kill that young woman than I could kill my own mother." Garak points his weapon at Dukat's head, "You see, the very act of taking one Bajoran girl hostage only proves you hold her life in higher regard than any self-respecting Caradassian ought to. That is, after all how we find ourselves in this little pickle in the first place -- you and your vices," gesturing towards the young woman.

In a slight twitch of embarrassment, Dukat's grasp weakens. She seizes the opportunity, elbows him in the gut, knocks away his weapon and runs off. Garak laughs. "It seems her will has yet to be broken. Isn't that your job, Dukat? Break the spirit of the people? Incompetence is grounds enough to shoot you dead here and now."

"Did your father send you here to kill me, Garak? Tell me why are you here? Dutiful Elam Garak charges off to this hell hole of a planet to dispatch one lone Legate who likes to savour the local delicacy. But enlighten me, Garak -- who really sent you? Do you even know? Was it your father or was it mine, hoping to rid himself of his life's embarrassment once and for all. Or perhaps he was hoping I'd get the drop on you first, hoping to chink your father's armor?

"Or perhaps he wants us to kill each other? It's true. We are both pawns in our fathers' chess match. And to that end, killing you would be of little benefit to either of us. But you're forgetting one very important thing."

"Which is?"

"I don't like you."

Dukat screams widely and charges at Garak, tackling him to the ground. As they fall, Garak fires twice more into the night sky. Dukat then dives for his own weapon that had been knocked a few meters away but comes up short. He rolls over to find Garak standing over him with his disrupter a few centimeters from his eyes.

Garak laughs hysterically. "I admit, Dukat, I didn't think you had such fight in you. But, alas, it seems, in the end, I am the better man. Now I know what you're thinking: This is an Orion Type-4 disruptor - the most powerful hand weapon in the quadrant. So powerful, in fact, the power cell can only hold six charges. The question you have to ask yourself then is 'did he fire five rounds or six?' Well, to be honest, in all the confusion, I seem to have lost count myself. So I suppose the real question you have to ask yourself, my dear Elmo, is" Garak kneels down and, with a mischievous grin, whispers in Dukat's ear, "Do I feel lucky?"

In a desperate panic, Dukat stumbles to the ground reaching for the pistol.

Garak tisks, "Now, now. Can't have you

jaime, lurok and Captain_Oblivious like this.
  5. Captain_Oblivious

I'd love to see a series set in the "Lost Era" between ST6 and TNG.
    I've actually been working (on & off) on a concept which has us in 2329 (through to the late 30s) following a makeshift crew* making their way home through 'Cardassian' space (more like the wild west than actual territory) on a beat up old Constitution class ship they recover (a ship that had previously vanished shortly before decommissioning in the '90s) after the ship that brought them there (the Enterprise-B) is lost.

In a way, it'd be a kind of "anti-voyager", where the scenario has similarities (a federation ship has to make a big old trip home), but with a beat up old ship and a mishmash crew (far moreso than what we saw in Voyager).
    -Instead of a "wild quadrant, filled with unknowns", we have a "wild part of space, filled with hostile forces trying to tame it".
    -Instead of taking detours all the time "because we're explorers, dammit!", these folks take detours "because we WILL die if we don't!".
    -Instead of running around announcing their presence all the time, these folks are sneaking & fighting using tactics that wouldn't be completely unfamiliar to a cold war submarine captain.
    -Instead of "the newest, fastest, most advanced ship around", these folks have one advantage; they have a goal.

*Made up of Ent-B survivors, survivors of the former crew of the Connie refit class ship, plus "others".

6. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Magnificent Galileo Seven
    Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, Uhura, Sulu, and Chekov are on the shuttle Galileo when it crash lands on a planet. They lost communication with the Enterprise before the crash, so no one knows their whereabouts. They survive the crash, and are just able to escape with their lives before the shuttle explodes. All of their weapons and supplies are a total loss.

They discover they are on a planet inhabited by a peaceful pre-industrial society. They happen across a village and decide to see if they can get help. The village elders are welcoming and sympathetic to our Heroes' plight (although Kirk obviously hasn't told them the whole story because: prime directive), but they inform our heroes that they are unable to lend much assistance. You see, that village, along with other villages on the planet, are regularly raided by Orion Pirates. And the villagers, of course, are unable to fend off the Orion Raiders who take so much every time they come, including taking some of the villagers themselves.

Upon hearing that the villagers have a basic knowledge of a galactic civilization and some vague knowledge that warp technology exists, Kirk and the gang decide that they can bend the prime directive a bit and help these villagers fight of the next Orion raid, and maybe even stop the raids altogether, and find a way off the planet in the process.

They have next to nothing to work with -- only their Starfleet training and the crude supplies the villagers can give them -- but their resourcefulness, along with the vital help of the villagers, proves enough to overpower the raiders. They had taken the Orion raiders ship from them, so they have a means to get back to the Enterprise. However, before they do so, they [somehow -- I still need to work this part out] devise a way to stop the Orions from raiding the planet once and for all.

Maybe they blow up the Orion Pirate mothership in a space battle, after liberating any of the peaceful inhabitants from the Orion ship who might have been previously abducted. The movie would need a space battle.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  7. guyute03

guyute03 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I lean more towards not having another movie series with just one crew and instead make all different kinds of Trek movies, with different writers & directors, set across the timeline telling any story they want. This makes more sense to me. Leave continuing stories of crew exploration to the TV shows, separate the movies from them and do something unique with them.

Captain_Oblivious and Lord Garth like this.
  8. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

A Riker origin story where he is in his early 20's and a strange man teaches him bizarre ways of sitting down.

9. valkyrie013

valkyrie013 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Idris Elba in the romulan war.. Prime timeline. Have him be on the nx-01 and use the Trip in Section 31 on romulas from the books..

10. F. King Daniel

Star Trek: Boothby. He's the greatest officer in the Federation, but all he really wants is to tend the academy gardens. Admiral Nogura says he's too important, too valuable. But he says he can retire and be a gardener if he completes one task. One, impossible job.

The Federation's century-long peace was built on the blood Boothby shed that night.

jaime, lurok and captainkirk like this.
  11. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Franklin setting would be fine. As a contemporary to the NX-01, it enables that ship and her crew to appear alongside it in battle.

Other than that...

Take my money now, as the kids say.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  12. valkyrie013

@ChristopherPike To my knowledge, he was a maco during the war, and given a ship after.. But with a lack of people in starfleet and competent captains, he may as well have been captain of the Franklin during it :) I'd still watch it.. and maybe be a line like First contact.. Him in battle, and science says there's another ship coming in.. Its the Enterprise! he he

13. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

If Hobbs & Shaw can exist, then I demand Pike & Lorca.

14. Captain_Oblivious

I'd watch a movie centred around Anson Mount as Mirror Pike and showing him trying to stave off plots against him, until the last one succeeds.

15. F. King Daniel

Pike toying with his future knowledge and resultant immortality. Like a reverse Final Destination.

16. Sisko_is_my_captain

Sisko_is_my_captain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Something with a small scale theme, like a father's love for his child, set against a trek backdrop. The Visitor was some of the best trek I have seen.

The mistake so many have made is to think that the tech and the aliens and the pew pew spaceships are the point. No - IMO, the point of Star Trek is to explore the human adventure through metaphor.

Captain_Oblivious likes this.
  17. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

Something I've long thought could make for a good non-theatrical Trek movie is a standalone Karl Urban McCoy movie. I'm sure he would be willing to do it, and I think there's so much story potential there to be mined, such as his daughter who we know nothing about.

18. Captain_Oblivious

F**king A-RIGHT!

Trek needs smaller stories imo and not more steps along the epicness road, where every crisis is 10x worse than the last!

Turtletrekker likes this.
  19. dinzy

dinzy Captain Captain

Drinking Jippers on a beach somewhere in MD
    There is no non-prime timeline prior to Nero blowing up the Kelvin, unless you mean the pre First Contact timeline. Other than the nitpicking, the Romulan War could make for an interesting movie because they never see the Romulans.

20. valkyrie013

Well, "We" did see the romulans.. like in Enterprise during the Flea..err holographic drone incident.. we saw the romulans on romulas, but there were no interactions. So it could be like a WW2 submarine type of film where the Destroyer droping depthcharges captain never sees the submarine captain.. :)

If this was say, 2010, i'd say use the enterprise crew in the movie, but its been 15 years, and only maybe 5 should have past. so to me they've "Aged out" of a possible movie version.. maybe..

*Book Spoiliers"
    While I liked the books from the Enterprise Era, the Romulan War books just weren't that good.. they went way to fast, and just glazed over stuff, like the romulans attacking the Earth.. its just a Oh.. we got attacked.. very frustrating. I mean 2 books to cover 4 years! I know the authors try to "connect" the random things said on the shows, but the Vulcans, andorians, telerites not helping because of the chance the romulans could co opt there computers.. and explaining why Tos ships have jelly bean buttons and seem more acronistic.. I like that they try to explain things..

So I'm just hoping that we get a better version of the War.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019