Picture the Novelverse - Characters, Ships and More !

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Relayer1, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I don't see a hole in the Romulan ship. I see a protruding piece with some windows in the front that look a bit like stars shining through at first glance.

2. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^It looks to me like the relief features on the underside are shaped to suggest a bird with spread wings. The section protruding from the indentation would be the breast and underside of the bird.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Found it. Thank you. I honestly don't remember ever seeing that before, but I don't know how I could have possibly missed it.

5. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Commander Red Shirt

Demeter for the most part seems to be intact, I had some really bad errors last Christmas, including not being able to open the Demeter file in a newer version of my software. This is now resolved. This is where I left it I think: :)

[​IMG]!cid_AAEDD1193925415DBD8F1ED8CA995348@ClawhammerPC by yard2380, on Flickr
    [​IMG]

Markonian and DEWLine like this.
  6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's a nice looking ship.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  7. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Now THAT is new and different. In a very good way.

8. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

To me, Burgoyne will always be David Bowie with a mullet from the cover of Fire on High.

9. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

Amen! I always thought s/he looked like Bowie in that pic. I love those two covers for books #5 & 6 with the whole command staff :)

10. Markonian

Mulciber-class

We haven't seen the Mulciber-class USS Achilles yet, and it's not included in the silhouettes of the Voyager Fleet on the German book covers. The Achilles is described as a 900m long starship with a triangular saucer. I don't remember whether the nacelles are down- or upswept.

Anyway, from the moment I first read the description of the Achilles in Children of the Storm, I easily pictured it as one of the Federation starcruiser from STO.

The Emissary-class is the closed visual fit with its triangular saucer.
    [​IMG]

The components can be swapped between starcruiser classes, i.e. the nacelles can be upswept by picking Sentinel-class pylons, for example.

Until there's an official image for the Achilles, I'm mentally picturing an Emissary-class ship with raised nacelles.

11. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

^That's pretty close to what I imagined, apart from the new movie Enterprise-style nacelles.

12. Markonian

You can swap the nacelles with those of the other starcruisers. ;) The ships are designed to be modular. (Relevant link to STOWiki: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Star_Cruiser)

Yesteday another thought ocurred to me pertaining the Merian-class science vessel. SOTL accidentally title it's page of the ship "Planck-class shakedown." Actually, the designation can make sense.
    Rademaker's preliminary designs of the Fleet's Merian-class complement includes variations of the nacelle configuration. In some licensed Trek works one ship-class can be subdivided into several subclasses, i.e. Constitution-class, Enterprise-subclass. Thus, Planck-(sub-)class could refer to a Merian-class starship with a Miranda-style nacelle configuration. :vulcan:

Edit: Additions.
    TrekLit's USS Quirinal is docked in ESD in 2410 in a timeline where the Borg weren't transformed in 2381 (STO):
    [​IMG]

The Freeman Dyson from a Decipher RPG(!) is docked in ESD as well:
    [​IMG]

The polymodels are not labelled themselves but their names and registries are given in a docking manifest in Fleet Admiral Quinn's office.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
    DEWLine likes this.
  13. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is it just me or is anyone else kind of irked by the fact that about two weeks before the release of a new ebook (DS9 Lust's Latinum Lost (and Found)), we don't have a cover for it (again)?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    Markonian likes this.
  14. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

As these things go, probably not, would be strange if you and you alone had that one individual thought.

Not in the slightest. Yes it would be rather nice to see what it looks like, but meh, it's not the end of the world.

15. ICW

ICW Commander Red Shirt

I would love to see an image of Hugh's appearance in Greater Than the Sum

16. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

^It would be great to have a visual of the moment at the climax of Destiny when Seven, the Borg Cooperative, and Hugh's group's implants all dissolve into dust.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, they've waited waited until right before the release date to release the last few e-book's covers. It's been annoying me too. I don't think they even released a description for the last couple of e-books until after they were already out.

18. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

19. Inactive-Shapeshifter

Inactive-Shapeshifter Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I made one edition for captain Ezri Dax :D

I'm not any professional, but i think i'm gonna post it here.

20. Markonian

Minor spoiler on Acts of Contrition.

We encounter an arrow-shaped Voth starship. It resembles a city ship but is smaller.

That ship is a Citadel-class dreadnought, which we've seen the Voth field in great numbers in a timeline were the Borg weren't defeated, aka the Online timeline.