Perception-Class Starship

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Josheua, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Belisarius

Belisarius Captain Captain

Whoa. Necropost, indeed. But since Pandora's already out of her box...

I love this design. The nacelles strike me as slightly too large, but I'm willing to accept that. Rarely do I go for huge starship concepts, for a variety of reasons, but this beauty has the kind of lines and aesthetics to win me over. In fact, I enjoy toying with the idea of a truly monstrous starship. It just means more to explore, in terms of one's imagination. And you could do so much with the interior design. It's also not out of the question when you consider how large Romulan ships have gotten...and if anyone compares this to the Scimitar, they should have their head checked and both legs broken.

This ship was meant to fly. Very, very few designs truly achieve that. Has this gone anywhere? I noticed Ptrope was interested back in the day. I'd love to see her as a 3D model. She deserves it.

~Belisarius
    ---------------------------
    "All life is struggle, from first breath to last."
    - Anonymous

2. The Inquisitor

The Inquisitor Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

How embarrassing, it looks like I was the thread necromancer in this case! This is the 1st forum I have ever signed up to and I'm not too up on thread etiquette :alienblush:

Either way, I simply had to comment on such a stunning ship design. Everything about it is pretty much spot on (although i agree with Sojourner in regards to the number of decks).

I have come across another Perception class design while image mining on google by the same artist, it has slight variations on the design being discussed here and I was just wondering if any light could be shed on said design.