Paranormal Activity

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Lookingglassman, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Re: Paranormal Activities <SPOILERS>..I LOL'd

:yawn:

2. Trekker4747

I just checked out the alternate ending online. I dunno, I think I like it better. Sure the theatrical one has more "punch" and impact for a good theatrical ending but I like the tone and the... "realism" of this alternate one better.

3. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

I agree, Trekker.

4. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^I agree with you guys. The alternate ending just didn't have any impact for me. I can see why they changed it and am glad they did.

5. Colonel Green

Colonel Green Vice Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed the movie, but I sure am glad that I saw it before I read this thread. SPOILER CODE, people!

6. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, it's probably not wise to read discussion about a movie you haven't seen, really.

7. CaptJimboJones

CaptJimboJones Vice Admiral Admiral

I really enjoyed this movie (saw it Sunday night). Any movie that makes me scared to go to sleep the night I see it is a winner, despite some of the legitimate flaws others have mentioned. I should also note that I hadn't seen the trailer or any of the commercials, which probably helped - I had just heard it was a good BWP-style movie filmed in a house instead of the woods. So I really didn't have any expectations one way or another going into it.

And, I know lots of people have pointed it out, but Kate's rack was just magnificent. I just assumed that the demon was into her because he had a boob fetish. :devil:

8. Trekker4747

Considering he linked with her when she was a child, though.

But, yeah, she had a nice boobage.

9. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah she does, my wife and I noticed it together. :lol:

QFT^infinity.

10. The Boy Who Cried Worf

The Boy Who Cried Worf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We even got a nice gratuitous cleavage shot.:techman::drool:

11. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

I didn't feel it was gratuitous. :biggrin:

12. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Katie's cleavage was partially what made me stick with the story lol.

13. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

It just got released in Britian today. I've just come back from seeing it tonight.

Skimming through this thread kinda makes me sad, I guess a lot of you would prefer your horror films to be more the likes of Final Destination 4 or Michael Bay's many remakes (Texas Chainsaw, Amityville, Friday 13th etc)
    Constant in your face shite

When leaving the cinema with a busy crowd you always hear various comments. It seemed to be that all those voices saying "that was shit" were from male teenagers. And what do they know?... Fuck all!
    One guy said "that wasn't a film", Jesus give me a break. Just piss off and watch your Revenge of the Fallen and never bother me again

Its a pretty creepy film to watch, and plus I didn't really know anything about it at all. (I always avoid hype now for films, didn't even watch the trailer for this)
    But as others have said its more the feeling afterwards... I'm gonna be staying up late tonight

14. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well to be fair, a lot of that could have been plain old-fashioned male bravado. Some of those guys probably screamed like schoolgirls. But they'd rather die than admit it. :)

15. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

Yeah, I'm in total agreement with Ethros. I thought it was effective enough. It doesn't reinvent the genre or anything like that, but a few people made a creepy little movie and it works.

Score one for the little guy. Though I suspect he won't be little for much longer.

16. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oren Pell's next project is called Area 51...don't know much about it but hopefully it's as good as Paranormal Activity was. My friends finally saw it and were divided on it, much like Blair Witch.

17. Lt. Trull

Lt. Trull Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mining colony Sol Asteroid belt, Sol System
    My sister and I just saw this movie recently.... we were both dumbfounded that anybody in that situation would stay in a place like that, or not know how to protect themselves from spirits like that... but then we realized two things... a: it was just another stupid hollywood movie about what they think spiritualism is about and b: they didn't grow up in a household where your father was a trance medium, and was sitting in sceances since you were a week old and taught how to deal with spirits like that. all in all though... the movie was pretty good in representing what a low level earth bound maleviolent spirit is... remember just because you die if you were a evil person on earth your going to be a evil person in spirit... you have to be careful who you are talking too and dealing with.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  18. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Que...?

19. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

So... getting to sleep last night was a bit of an effort :lol:

My mind kept going back to that bit where Katie slowly gets pulled out of bed by her leg, then slowly on the floor, wakes up screaming, and is quickly pulled across the landing. Freaky as fuck. Like the poster says, I was tempted to sleep with the light on.
    Then I woke up at 4am and had to go for a piss. I went downstairs (as we don't have a bathroom upstairs) and went, and as I was coming out I'm sure I heard a weird noise from the living room. Suffice to say I ran upstairs and jumped into bed not taking any chances :lol:

20. Lt. Trull

Lt. Trull Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mining colony Sol Asteroid belt, Sol System
    and what makes you think it was a bad spirit... it could be any number of spirits... family members, doctor teacher, master teacher, joy guide and if you were born on the north american continent american indian guides... all there for your protection if you know how to communicate with them.