Paramount +

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by starbuck, Jul 12, 2022.

1. starbuck

starbuck Captain Captain

I was dissapointed that there is no app on ps or xbox in the uk, can only get it if your with sky or have roku , i can sigin up on pc but thats not great too watch it on. I was looking forward to getting it but they seem to have missed out

Seven of Five likes this.
  2. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

In the UK all of SNW isn't on yet and I'm just not a fan of the site.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
  3. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Of the streaming services I've tried, Paramount+ probably has the worst app for my TV. Main screen takes forever to load and then it's sluggish and not responsive to the remote. Even when everything is working it doesn't feel smooth.

4. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's not really any different on my Xbox Series X. Probably the most awkward streaming service I have, and I have most of them

5. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I haven't had issues with P+.

Discovery+ on the other hand....

:scream:

6. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

I'm giving apple ago on the free trial sometimes I get sound but the picture does load.

7. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

IMHO, the interface is clumsy, new episodes are not readily apparent, and the “continue watching” process isn’t grouped by show, but by episode. So if you’ve watched several episodes of On the Case (for example) they all show up in the continue watching menu, instead of only the last one you watched.

I admit I may not have all of the workflow down, so maybe some of it is my fault, but I don’t want to hunt so much when I’m in the mood for my murder stories.

8. UssGlenn

UssGlenn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm suscribed to Discovery+ and I still can't watch some of the shows I want because they don't get uploaded until the entire season is finished airing on cable.

9. Parallaxis

Parallaxis Lieutenant Red Shirt

It works fine on my Roku player. A lot better than the crappy HBO Max app.

10. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

P+ is also available on Amazon UK.

11. Bornin1980something

Bornin1980something Captain Captain

Yes it works quite well there. You do have to pay for Amazon too, though. In the UK, you need Amazon anyway for Picard and Lower Decks.

12. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

My workaround is using an old Fire Stick, which has the app. I can't tell if it's the old stick, or the app which is slow loading, but some days are better than others. ;)

It's a pretty poor launch for the service for international users. I heard that there is no app available on LG TVs (my brand) at the moment, yet I bought the annual pass as I thought I was going to stream on my console, after searches told me that they were supported. Alas, it was referring to the USA.

For a while, until I discovered the Fire Stick, I was streaming via my phone, which was very poor quality, and led to my phone getting very hot. :devil: