Paramount Auctioning Props And Costumes From ‘Star Trek (2009)’ And ‘Into Darkness’

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by PixelMagic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. ISS Enterprise

ISS Enterprise Commander Red Shirt

I liked the ST09 n STID unis - a nice update to the TOS unis

My only issues were

1- that they tended to get scrunched up when the actors sat or leaned over. The jersey sliding up over the black under shirt collars
    2 - the embossed delta
    3 - the variation of black collar under shirt height on various actors. Soock had perfect ratio in STID IMO anyways. Pine's was way.off, but I nitpick

But again were a cool update

I have a cosplay quality Beyond top and have to say they are pretty comfortable to wear. Wore for several hours at a Halloween party, able to move, drink, dance, ,breath, sit comfortably , etc. etc. for several hours without issue

The collar looks way too high for me, but not stiff or hard to wear.

Appreciate that some preferred the Kaplan design. Was fine with either

Again, they could make the Kaplan design again if needed, but feel 4th movie with this crew is not looking like will happen

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Admiral Admiral

It's still the highest grossing Paramount film of 2016. IIRC, none of their 2017 films have topped it either.

Campe98 likes this.
  3. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Captain Captain

4. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Admiral Admiral

Odd, I seem to remember crying over Transformers setting new lows for the franchise and failing to break even. Huh, guess I should have known it was hyperbole.

5. natrok

natrok Ensign Newbie

Like pretty much everything in Hollywood, I;m sure there will be another Star Trek reboot. I thought these Kelvin timeline films were pretty good, but I guess everything's gotta end some time. I'd still love to own a piece of the films though

6. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

It did massively underperform relative to the other TF movies, which is where the hyperbole is coming from. When your studio routinely expects 1.2 billion worldwide, making only slightly more than half of that is seen as a failure.

Jedi_Master likes this.
  7. Kay

Kay Cadet Newbie

8. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

notice the kelvin uniforms are going.. no new Kelvin flashback scene for ST4 then

9. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Admiral Admiral

They'd make new ones. Chris Hemsworth has bulked up quite a bit since his George Kirk days, he'd definitely need a new cut anyway.

pst likes this.
  10. pst

pst Captain Captain

i also find it difficult to believe they're dumping everything in this auction. there are always multiple costumes made for principals, paramount has probably retained a few even just for research and archival purposes, if not for future filming.

but yeah there's no way they'd squeeze the actors into decade-old costumes if they needed these old designs.