Spoilers Out of all the past shows’ main characters, who are you the LEAST interested in seeing again?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Quinton, Apr 19, 2020.

?

Is there anyone from the past you might cringe to see return?

1. Yes, multiple characters.

32.3%
  2. Yes, one particular character.

16.1%
  3. No, I welcome any and all returns.

22.6%
  4. No, but I’d prefer not to see a bunch of cameos anyway.

9.7%
  5. Yes, and I’d prefer not to see a bunch of cameos anyway.

12.9%
  6. I’m insane and desperately wish to see Janeway and Paris’ salamander offspring in a major role.

6.5%
  1. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Neelix, without a doubt. And Wesley Crusher.

Kor

2. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

Funny. I was going to say Neelix, but @Kor beat me to the punch.

I almost feel like it's too easy to just go with Neelix, but there you have it. ;)

3. Tracer Bullet

Tracer Bullet Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Worf
    Barclay
    Ezri Dax
    Tom Paris

4. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

The ones with dead actors. As much as I'd enjoy seeing Captain Nog, not worth it with a different actor.

For those where they could use the original actor. I'd be happy to see almost anyone if it were appropriate in the story and they weren't just killed off for shock.

Even Neelix, I have a feeling they'd write him in a more multifaceted way than they did in Voyager.

The reason I wouldn't mind Wesley is I think it'd be hilarious to see Wesley deal with a know it all kid on his ship who makes him look stupid.

5. AresB

AresB Commander Red Shirt

I once read a novel set in the near future, that mentioned a series called "Star Trek: Captain Crusher's Log."
    It was a horror novel.

6. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

Funnily enough, I probably would have said Riker and Troi, but Picard actually did really well with them.

7. STEPhon IT

STEPhon IT Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hmm. Ok, Charles "Trip" Tucker III, Jadzia Dax, Tasha Yar, The real Data who was destroyed in Nemesis, Katherine Pulaski because I think she's dead, Ro Laren because I think she's dead, Thomas Riker because I think he's dead, and Benjamin Sisko.

8. Tim Thomason

Tim Thomason Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lower Decks should have a scene with hundreds of cameo characters from all the Berman era shows crammed on a shuttle to visit the USS Cerritos that gets accidentally blown up in the teaser.

eschaton and Jinn like this.
  9. ThreeEdgedSword

ThreeEdgedSword Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Worf (because oversaturation, plus he was getting on my nerves). Chakotay (self-explaining).

Oh yes, Nog and Odo (loved them, but sadly, their actors have passed and I would hate a recast)

Wesley. Self-explaining.

Sisko, because I somehow felt his arc was over. But he wouldn't make me cringe, so I suppose he doesn't count.

Bry_Sinclair and Jinn like this.
  10. TheNerdlyKnight

TheNerdlyKnight Ensign Red Shirt

I’m done with Neelix. Just please don’t bring him back, there’s no need.

I’ll also add to the chorus of not bringing back Nog or Odo. Or any character whose actor is deceased. We liked them the way they were, stop trying to recast them.

Finally no Barclay please. I don't need him stuttering through how terrible it is with the synthban or freaking out over a new fear.

11. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would say nobody and everybody at the same time.

What I mean is, I'll never say no to a familiar face. However, I don't know if there's really anyone whose appearance would add anything. I mean, Riker and Troi's appearance was nice and all for sentimental reasons, but their involvement added nothing to the narrative that couldn't have easily been passed-on to someone else. I mean I would say the only character with any amount of untapped potential is Seven. And that's already happened.

I think the one exception might be Kira. I think she as a Ranger has some good potential. But then I think Nana retired, didn't she?