Orphan Black kept my Attention.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Guy Gardener, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

They finished this episode half way through a conversation.

Rather than building and padding to a dramatic apex, it's almost like they said "lets just keep going and going till we run out of gas and call it a day."

Watching Alison take out that scuzzball was hilarious and hot.

Does Kisema really need spectacles?

Did the others have lasik or wear contacts, or is she just a hipster poser?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Good point, why would a one clone need glasses and the others not?

Kisema a lesbian? Hot.

Would be cool if they pull a Jamie Maddox (The Multiple Man, Marvel comics) and the clones start to gain each other's abilities at some point.

3. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Even though it was still a good episode, I thought it was the weakest overall so far. Layers upon layers keep on building and I'm wondering if the show is getting too big for it's own good. Do we really need to see Victor again, because all of his scenes detracted from the episode, other than him being beat up by Allison. I did like that we got more paul development though, as well as the notion of moniters for the clones, even though I wonder if they are setting up for Felix to be part of this whole conspiracy. I hope not, as I would love for Felix to just be a "friend" and not some double agent.

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I thought it was a strong episode. Covers are being blown and things are starting to fall apart for Sarah.

5. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Things have been starting to fall apart for Sarah since the first episode though. Don't get me wrong, it was still a great episode, I just don't like the Victor character and thought we were done with him a few episodes ago.

6. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I would guess that foster mom (can't remember character name) is Sarah's monitor. What better control than to have her kid?

7. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^ Could be anyone, including Vic, but "Mrs. S." is a good choice too.

8. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Oooooo. Hadn't even thought of of Mrs. S.

So, if Sarah is the only one of the clones that can have kids, does that mean she the "original" from which all the others were copied--or is she merely an anomaly?

I liked this episode---the plot sure is thickening.

9. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Right now it makes the most sense that she's the original. Not only is she the ''star'' of the show, but an orphan would be a good choice (using TV logic anyway) to use in a cloning experiment.

It would also explain why she likely doesn't have a monitor; she's not a clone, just a donation of DNA.

If anything, I'd say Mrs. S. might know about the experiment and may have even have been a member of the organization, which is why she fled Europe with her. That's just my personal hunch.

10. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I still say Allison is the most interesting clone so far. (And GOD those were some nice leggings!)

She's a white girl with cornrows. That's the definition of "poser."

11. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I think we're getting ten episodes this season. If so I think we're about halfway through. It makes sense that the plot is opening up, as it were.

This episode was more about revelations than anything else, finding out about the monitors was interesting, I'm assuming (probably rightly so) that that french woman is going to be Kasima's monitor. As for Sarah, I'm leaning towards Vic as her monitor. Why else would they bring him back into the story at this point?

12. Guy Gardener

Well, do they have one monitor or a revolving door of interchangeable monitors as the YEARS tick by?

And why do I get the impression that some mad scientist with a mommy complex ran away with a handful of embryos, which is why there's freerange clones existing without monitoring.

Two of them can't have children, possibly three considering Kisema didn't think that the other two being barren was unsurprising, which means that there might have been a good reason that Sarah was not gelded.

13. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Obviously, it was her job to give birth to the special child that will allow the human race and clone race to merge and live on. (All this has happened before...) :D

14. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Orphan Black has been renewed for season 2. :D :D :D

15. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Yay! I'm not ready for this to end yet.

16. Ar-Pharazon

I wouldn't be surprised if we find out she didn't actually give birth to the child. She could be a clone of a clone.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kw_d3d0XAo[/YT]

17. Guy Gardener

They faked 9 months of pregnancy by nightly sleepfeeding Sarah a dozen cheeseburgers after dark?

18. Ar-Pharazon

There's a lot of weirdness going on, that's all I'm saying. Planted memories, hypnosis, could be options.

19. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Tonight's ep was like a twisted episode of The Patty Duke show. "Cathy, you pretend to be me and torture my boyfriend!"

I hope this doesn't become an every-episode thing. Tatiana's got a big enough job just playing all the clones. Playing the clones playing each other's gonna make her head explode...

20. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You had me at Charlie Jade. I'll check this out if/when it gets a UK release.