• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Original Max Headroom Movie Now on YouTube!

Danja

Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is the original 1985 British TV Movie that spawned the U.S. series.
 
I remember years ago I linked to the Garfield Halloween special. I got warned or striked, saying we can't link to content that is owned by somebody else, despite people doing it all the time, not in the Rules, and the video thread is rife with it. And I see a thread like this.
 
I remember years ago I linked to the Garfield Halloween special. I got warned or striked, saying we can't link to content that is owned by somebody else, despite people doing it all the time, not in the Rules, and the video thread is rife with it. And I see a thread like this.
There is media that is in a weird space, where you can't buy it but it's not in public domain yet. And I find this very frustrating.

There are series and films that I'd love to buy that aren't available. This is one of them.
 
There is media that is in a weird space, where you can't buy it but it's not in public domain yet. And I find this very frustrating.

There are series and films that I'd love to buy that aren't available. This is one of them.

Is it because of rights issues regarding music here in the States; because a lot of those television shows get complete box sets in Europe with the original music intact.

Germany seems to have cornered the market with their box sets of complete television series.
 
Germany seems to have cornered the market with their box sets of complete television series.
I've imported my share of box sets from Germany with the last one being the X-Files.

Also, YouTube will mess with the audio to remove stuff. I've seen it with Space Camp on YouTube. Someone had upscaled it, but YouTube muted out a song in the beginning of the film, where the kid is driving up in his Jeep.
 
I thought the TV series was interesting, but never got the chance to see the movie. I'll have to check it out!
 
Was this uploaded legally? From the name it looks like it's just some random person's personal account. I usually try to avoid watching stuff that's illegally uploaded, unless there is literally no other way to watch it.
I'm not sure if it includes the movie, but the series is available on DVD from Shout! Factory and is streaming on Tubit, but it doesn't look like it includes the movie. Is the movie the pilot for the series, or was the series just based on the movie?
 
the series is available on DVD from Shout! Factory and is streaming on Tubit, but it doesn't look like it includes the movie.
The DVD set does not include the movie.

Is the movie the pilot for the series, or was the series just based on the movie?
The series reworked the film into it's own first episode. (Using some footage and reshooting stuff as well, if I recall correctly. Certainly at least in regards to cast changes.) So the film is retroactively sort of an extended version of the first episode, if you get me? But it's different too.

I remember years ago I linked to the Garfield Halloween special. I got warned or striked, saying we can't link to content that is owned by somebody else, despite people doing it all the time, not in the Rules, and the video thread is rife with it. And I see a thread like this.
Okay, narc! ;)
 
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top