Orange Is The New Black: Final Season

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by JirinPanthosa, May 26, 2019.

1. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Anyone think it’s odd they named a real world charity after a fictional character?

2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Not really, especially considering how that character's death drew such a strong reaction in the real world, so I'm not surprised a charity is named after her with its funds directed towards legal aides for women in prison.

While I can't think of any examples right now, I'm pretty sure this has happened before.

3. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I did think it was a little odd. It doesn't bother me really, and I'm glad the fund exists, but the thought did cross my mind.

4. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

No different from the Bubba Gump shrimp company...

5. JirinPanthosa

You can say that she represents all the real people similar things happened to. But they couldn’t just name it after one of them?

I wonder how long it was before Flores was able to return with Diablo to America. She can go back whenever she wants, but he only got deported on a technicality that his card was in renewal right? Is it now somehow revoked over being slow about filling out a form or is this something he can resolve quickly?

6. JirinPanthosa

Now every time I see Lori Petty (Lolly) when she’s young I picture her yelling at voices.

Like, Point Break. Regular surfer girl, boom, adult onset schizophrenia.

7. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Imagine if there was an scene with both...Noss and Neelix talking to the voices in front of Tuvok... :lol:

JirinPanthosa likes this.