One concern I have...

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Kirk the Jerk, May 25, 2009.

1. Kirk the Jerk

Kirk the Jerk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One conern I have after watching this movie is, are these actors signed up to a 3 movie deal or is this just a one off? One thing i'd hate to see is other actors coming in filling the boots of say Simon Pegg as Scotty. Anyone else have this concern?

2. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They have signed up for multiple movies and it's been known for a long time.
    Don't worry about it.

3. Kirk the Jerk

*Whips Forehead in relief*

4. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

Lets just hope none of them overdose or get abducted by Tom Cruise.

5. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, a masochist, eh? :p

6. Islander

Islander Commodore Commodore

Well, Simon Pegg is specifically the one I wouldn't cry over too much but I'm sure they have multiple movie contracts.

7. Kirk the Jerk

Lmao, certainly not. :rommie:

*Whipe's forhead in relief*

8. Bobatiel

Bobatiel Commodore Commodore

Oh, a bad speller, eh? :p

9. Jon1701

Jon1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We'll get two more.

With the success of this movie, the next one would have to be an out-and-out stinker to preclude the existance of a third.

:techman:

10. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

Simon Pegg as Scotty was fantastic. I never cared for Scotty in TOS but Pegg has revived the character nicely.

11. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed. I can imagine Scotty being basically like that as his younger self. A bit of an eccentric. Scotty was great at thinking on his feet, too. Pegg struggling to think and come up with ejecting the warp core at the end of the movie was a good Scotty moment. I hope he's more than just comic relief in the next movie.

12. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

He's the one I'd recast. His "Scotty" was totally off. I don't know what the hell character he was playing. Sure Uhura was significantly altered as well, but she had to be (the ladylike passive Uhura from TV would never have fit the movie). If they just want to make up new characters, give them new names.

But the rest must come back. Overall, outstanding recasting job! One flaw doesn't really matter, particularly since the character is not important. :bolian:

13. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    I love Simon Pegg... but I wish Ricky Gervais hadn't turned down Scotty. He would have been marvelous.

14. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

i liked doohan's scotty but i also like pegg's scotty.
    not only did scotty create miracles out of air and was a pretty good stand in commander of the ship (something i hope they remember) but he also told off a federation ambassador, drank an alien under the table and help start the bar fight when he was the one supposed to have been keeping things under control.

15. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Don't feel too bad. I didn't know it either.

Good news though. I'd like to see more of this bunch.

16. Kruge

Kruge Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Most of the engineering/physics geniuses I have known in my life are a little crazy anyways :), truly brilliant but truly weird, always looking at the world as a Rubik's cube to be solved, so I like that this Alternate Scotty is a little nuts...

That's one of the things I didn't like about James Cromwell's portrayal of Zefram Cochrane in First Contact...I liked the idea of the flawed hero, but alot of science/tech geeks that I know get super excited and hyperactive when fiddling with their pet projects...seems like Cochrane wasn't too excited about his "baby" until the end..

Then again, he did spend ten years trying to survive a nuclear war...that'd probably make anyone glum :(

17. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

I like Pegg as Scotty too. it's a different interpretation, just like Uhura, but not bad. he's gotta work on his accent though. he sounds waaaaay English to me.

18. Kirk the Jerk

Okay, okay, one more try...

*Wipes forehead in relief* - Hows that? lmao :guffaw:

19. scottydog

scottydog Admiral Admiral

My only concern is that it will be VERY difficult for the next movie to match this one in terms of quality, critical acclaim, and box office receipts. Even if it kicks ass, it will likely be seen as a disappointment. I guess that's the price of success.

20. perigee

perigee Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Just get down on your knees and beg your God they don't give it to Raimi - we'll have a full-on Fosse song-and-dance number on the bridge with a remake of "The Enemy Within."

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2009