Once Upon A Time Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Deledrius

Deledrius Lieutenant Red Shirt

Given their access to a Pegasus pelt, I'm going to assume Hook and the Jolly Roger aren't from our world. It's likely he's from the fictional England of Barrie's novel, similar to what they appear to have done with Alice in Once Upon a Time in Wonderland.

I'm inclined to discount the possibility of it being The Enchanted forest simply on historical/development levels, but they've played that realm so loose that it's impossible to throw it out entirely.

2. danellis

danellis Captain Captain

FWIW I agree; the Enchanted Forest is largely medieval while Hook is pretty solidly 18th Century.

I could never quite place it, but I thought there was something slightly odd about the way they referenced The King so I wonder if they're going to do something with that.

What "Kings" are there in the Disney canon? Given that both OUAT and OUATW have concentrated on Robin Hood somewhat I can't help wondering if they're going to make it Richard I somehow, despite the historical anachronism. Somehow tying in the Little Mermaid might work period-wise?

dJE

Deledrius likes this.
  3. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was thinking it was the king who forced David to pretend to be his dead brother James. That guy was a real bastard.

Deledrius likes this.
  4. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Whatever happened to him anyway? He was all mwa-ha-ha evil and framing Ruby for murder and seemed to be heading towards recurring villain territory and then... poof, vanished.

Anyway, really enjoyed this episode, glad to get Hook's backstory and some focus on him. Agreed on not being sure what world he's from, but I'm curious how he ended up in Pan's "service" for a long time - how did he get back to Neverland and why? His whole "yarr we're pirates now because the King is evil!!!" was... a little thin, but well-done.

Deledrius likes this.
  5. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Didn't King Midas die in Storybrooke?

Good point, though. How did Hook and company get back to Neverland? My guess would be he gained possession of the giant beans that opened portals between worlds. That's how Cora and Hook ended up in Storybrooke last season.

6. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

King Charmless was locked up for his murder back in S2. He's still in a jail cell somewhere.

Deledrius likes this.
  7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was King George, and I don't think we did see him again after that. The actor that played him reprised an old recurring role he had on NCIS towards the end of the season, so that might be why we didn't see him on OUAT again.
    As for the episode, I really enjoyed it. Hook's backstory was interesting, and the stuff with him and Charming was good. I'm glad that they already resolved the whole thing with Charming being poisoned, I hate when the drag out forever.

EDIT: Oops, Anwar beat me to the answer about George. I forgot about him being arrested.

8. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Ahh, that would work, and we know the beans would allow the Jolly Roger to cross over as well.

Oh right.

9. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Who's in the other box?

Its not Rumple, we had that confirmed tonight.

Is it someone we know, like the real Belle?

or...

Is it someone we just met, like Ariel?

or...

Is it someone we haven't met, like Tiger Lily?

or...

Inquiring minds, want to know.

10. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"You come to a two thousand year old octopus for answers and you blame me for your troubles?"

There are some new tricks in this old dog yet.:lol:

The Evil Queen Rulz!

11. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

The actress who played Ariel kinda looked like Amy Adams. I must've watched The Little Mermaid a million times when I was a teen, but even then I should've realized I was gay. :lol: Too bad Ariel didn't really have a happy ending with Eric, but Regina did one hell of a good impression of Ursula!

Good episode tonight. The cave scene revealed a lot of secrets. Now we know Hook is genuinely in love with Emma; Snow wants another baby; and Emma was kinda hoping Neal wasn't really alive. That's harsh!

12. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Out of fear.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it was kind of nice seeing everybody actually open up and admit all of that. I really enjoyed both storylines this week. I've been looking forward to their Little Mermaid and it didn't disappoint. As for Ariel's happy ending, I think they end showed that her story isn't over yet. I'm pretty sure she'll get her happy ending before her arc is over, whether it'll stick is another story.

14. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Ariel is a recurring character, since she'll be back next week in Storybrooke. So she might get a happy ending after all if she runs into Eric there. Eric and Snow White were contemporaries, so he should still be around too.

Nice they kept Ursula as a separate character at the very end, they fooled us with the "Regina is Ursula" thing.

I've seen the actress playing Ariel since I was a kid, since she was on "Are you Afraid of the Dark" in the early to mid 90s.

15. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

And Six seasons of Reba.

Every day, Scarlett Pommers her TV sister would wake up from her nap screaming "Jo, Joanna, Joanna, promise me, please promise that no matter how bad it gets that you will never do Star Trek... It will destroy you."

Good lord, you go back far eough and she was in a third of Freaks and Geeks... That's TV Royalty almost.

16. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well she did do Seaquest so she survived worse. She was the girl in an episode where they went a couple hundred years into the future and humanity was wiped out and all everyone did was play a virtual reality game or something.

I kinda thought it was going to be Ariel in the box, so now that it's not her makes me wonder who is in there. I guess it could be someone with a connection to a character on the island and given that Pan has made mention of Rumple's Father it's making me wonder if that is who is in the box.

17. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I missed 2-3 episodes and watched last night's, nice to see i missed nothing! :lol:

18. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When Regina complained about sitting around and their need to get going, my thought was 'right there with ya.'

This storyline has about four episodes of material that they are stretching out over ten episodes.

19. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I know it's the writers of LOST, but even on LOST they walked around an island faster than this.

It's clear they had maybe three episodes worth of material but need it to fit 11 episodes. It's to the point I wish they just did whole episodes in Storybrook. Even nothing happening there would be more exciting than fighting happening on an island.

20. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Been waiting for Ariel to show up since season 1! Liked it a lot, especially with the Regina as Ursula thing, although the real Ursula showing up looked a little dodgy. I liked the reveal of Belle being Pan's shadow too, and enjoyed the scene where they opened up to each other.