Official New Star Trek 2012 Game for the PC, PS3 & X360

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by 22 Stars, Nov 17, 2011.

1. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Two new Vulcans revealed - Kirk will want to give one the dick:

2. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

according to distributor Paramount Pictures' vice president Brian Miller.
    Star Trek game required film cast's participation, says Paramount VP

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

TrekBBS member 8 of 5 has posted the description for the Prima Guide on his website.
    Along with a description of the stuff the book covers, it also has this description of the game's story:
    Sounds cool. I remember somewhere else people were confused by the Gorn being from another universe or something, but as far as I remember there really isn't anything in the canon that prevents that from being the case. Either way, this sounds great. This is easily one of my most anticipated games of the year.

4. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

Mirror Universe Gorn?

5. jefferiestubes8

6. bullethead

7. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

After reading the comments on the Trekmovie page, I genuinely think that the people who want "their" Trek back are either selfish, don't care about Trek at all, or simply delusional.

There were people actually wishing for the old Arena style Gorn! No shit!

8. Freman

Freman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Shouldn't the Gorn look like they did on ENT? I like how the guy said they've only appeared once on Star Trek. Guess they forgot the ENT appearance.

Since ENT is in continuity with the new films, I just find it a little strange that the Gorn suddenly look so different.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Good point. Maybe you could come up with some kind of explanation based around the fact that that was in the Mirror Universe.

10. bullethead

11. bullethead

12. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

I must admit i am getting a bit worried about this game, why have the game reviews not appeared yet, has there been a embargo on reviews about this game, if so that's not good, why is it not being publicised all over the place, and no playable demo or even any word of one, i am getting a red alert about all this, and less than a month to go before release, reviewers must have had a review copy some time ago.

Yes i may be a bit cautious after being stung by Aliens : CM, but its hard not to notice this this stuff, even on the offical forums people are asking why the devs have said nothing and why its all went quiet.

What is going on.

13. bullethead

We're a month out from release and the game is getting publicity all over the place, it's just not a lot of big reveals. Reviews tend to come out about a week to two weeks around the release of the game, so we've got a long way to go. That said, I am concerned by the lack of in-depth footage from this game. Bad Robot's policy of secrecy might be to blame here, but so far we've seen very little of the supposed puzzles, tricorder stuff, and tech upgrading. I think just playing through the tutorial level would do a lot to reassure potential customers when it comes to this game.

14. Haggis and tatties

^^^After A:CM i promised myself no more pre-orders, but this being Star Trek and i have found myself sitting on the pre-order page on a few sites, but with very little to go on i have always stopped at the final stage before comfirming order.

I admit if there had been more info of late on this game or even word of a demo i would have went back on my promies not to pre-ordered.

Bloody Star Trek infects us like a virus which kicks in when certain phrases are said or read......New game, new movie, new ST plate. lol

15. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Feels like their using the Gorn caste system from the books.

Maybe its becuase these Gorn are supposedly from another galaxy, the regular Gorn might be different looking refugees who might not be as warlike as the other Gorn who just moved to this galaxy some time ago.

16. jefferiestubes8

17. bullethead

A bit of new footage here:
    [yt]v=dvF0w1GIrW0[/yt]

18. Haggis and tatties

Well that clip had me neither rushing to pre-order or burning all my Trek stuff.

I just really dont know, this drip drip drip of info is frustratiing.

19. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

Can't wait. Already have my copy paid for. :techman:

20. bullethead

Yeah... I'm not really inspired to pre-order due to the absolute lack of information and the price. I got XCOM:EU's collector edition for the price they're asking for.