Official Avengers 4 Anticipation Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Mage, Sep 3, 2018.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, they're all getting to be pretty similar looking at this point.

saddestmoon likes this.
  2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Top Row and first two suits in the second row- Iron Man 3

[​IMG]

Maybe it’s just the repaints that causes the issue

AOU- Mark 43 was a repaint of the mark 42
    Mark 44-hulk buster

Mark 45- 3rd act of AOU

Civil war- mark 46. Has a lot of mini arc reactors

Homecoming- mark 47. It’s a repaint of number 46

Mark 50- infinity war

Mark 50 compared to Mark 85.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Is this his time travel armor? ;)

BeatleJWOL, Ovation and saddestmoon like this.
  4. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I’m finally watching Infinity War.

This movie is a lot of fun but seems like it’s designed for people who religiously watched every Marvel film. For anyone else it’s complete disjointed masochism with no pace breaks.

I’ll watch the finale eventually but expect more of the same.

I prefer the individual movies with their own thing and pacing that has some occasional breaks from constant action.

Then they miss their one chance because Pratt got emotional. Yeah, masochist movie.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  5. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I get your criticism but...at the same time, that's exactly the point. Infinity War is specifically designed as the end result of a long build-up. That's been the purpose for all of the Avengers films. The quieter, more emotional stories are best left for the individual films.

BeatleJWOL and Turtletrekker like this.
  6. JirinPanthosa

The thing most frustrating about Infinity War is Thanos didn’t earn his victory.

The good guys self sabotaged for the entire film. Just threaten one person and any other person will trade the universe for their life. The needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many. The good guys made all the mistakes Bond villains usually make.

BeatleJWOL and Captrek like this.
  7. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

I've been thinking about how I feel Endgame should, well, end. Given Infinity War ended on such a downer, I feel that Endgame should end on the complete opposite.

Stark and Potts get married and Stark, after everything he's done, get's a happily ever after and also, Rogers, after sacrificing himself to reset things, as a "reward" from the Soul stone, he is sent back to a week next Saturday after he plunged into the Arctic Sea and gets his dance with Carter.

saddestmoon likes this.
  8. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Those are appereantly Nano Lighting Redirector or reflectors. Something like that. Remember the first Avengers? How Tony's suit got supercharged thanks to Thor's lightning? Yeah.... ;)

9. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I understand that that complaint but, honestly, that doesn't bother me. I could come up with some handwave that Thanos knew that they would self-sabotage and so forth, but I won't. Instead, I simply accept and enjoy the fact that the heroes are flawed and made mistakes that allowed Thanos to win. That includes Star-Lord's emotional blunder.

I think you're right about the happy ending for the film. Some of us have been pushing for Steve and Peggy finally getting their dance for awhile now, but this is the first time I've seen it being tied to the Soul Stone. I really like that idea!

saddestmoon likes this.
  10. Black Manta

Black Manta Ensign Red Shirt

Not only Star Lord but Strange could have done something with the time gem or they could have destroyed the soul gem. Cap is so eager to save Vision but how many Wakandans died because of that battle?

11. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Strange did do something with the Time Gem, he didn't just hand it over for giggles. Doctor Strange knew he had to lose the battle to win the war and his choice will be the focal point to sequel and it will be up to the remaining Avengers to defeat Thanos. He wanted to save Tony in particular because IMO he's going to be key to Thanos going down.

saddestmoon and The Nth Doctor like this.
  12. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Thanks. It's just a thought I've had ruminating for a while, given we know that the snap is reversed, it's just a matter of how and with the Russo's saying a while back they were influenced by "All Good Things," some form of shifting through time/realities will occur. - Although I suspect it will be more of the narrative structure and ending on a happy note.

And of course, the Soul Stone has some form of sentience/awareness (in a way similar to the Moment in Who) so once all is done, it, in conjunction with the Time Stone will reward Cap in his final sacrifice.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  13. JirinPanthosa

The part that annoys me the most was when Galaxy guy ruins their one best shot because he just couldn’t wait two minutes to beat the crap out of him.

They might as well have captured him and had Thanos escape with the sick prisoner after which he sneaks through the corridors to the unguarded gauntlet. It would have been equally stupid.

Strange’s gambit didn’t bother me as much as when Loki and Gamora basically traded stones for siblings.

14. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

Does anyone know what time presale tix go on sale tomorrow? Is it midnight or some other time?

15. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Don't know. Keep checking the AMC app, still shows coming soon. Will keep checking until midnight tonight. I got 13 showings scheduled for Thursday 25th at local AMC (including 3D and Dolby Cinema). Hope to get into the earliest at 6pm on 25th.

16. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

17. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not yet....

18. Booji

Looking like 9:00am. Keeping my fingers crossed...

19. Booji

Tickets are on sale now! Got mine for Thursday 4-25 at 5:00

20. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral