Spoilers 'Obi-Wan Kenobi' series [Spoiler Discussion]

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Reverend, May 20, 2022.

1. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Also his braid, and Obi-Wan calling him a Padawan (which would've been much too harsh if it was during the war).

2. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Did he? Didn’t pay attention to that.

If that‘s the case, then on, it becomes a little more obvious, but still doesn’t bother me too much.
    It was a short scene and he sufficiently slipped back into the role for me either way. :)

3. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

What was he to do? He was told to rebuild the Jedi order from the old masters. Not reinvent the Jedi.

4. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

The flashbacks seem to be the only justification for getting Hayden back. Otherwise 15 seconds in a bacta tank would have been it.

Another great episode. The fight between Vader and the Third Sister was actually pretty damn good. Obviously she had no chance. And Vader stopping a transports ship like that...:eek:

Skipper and Crewman6 like this.
  5. fireproof78

And then him ripping the side off of it. Impressive, as someone might say.

And I love seeing Form Zero in practice. I want more of that from Jedi Masters.

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  6. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    This is now canonically the earliest we see Anakin onscreen after Episode I. This lightsaber training match happens before the events of Episode II and maybe even before Obi-Wan and Anakin receive their orders to protect Padmé after the attempt on her life.

jackoverfull and Ar-Pharazon like this.
  7. Jedi Marso

Jedi Marso Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No, this went exactly as it should have. The entire point is that Anakin/Vader is THE strongest Force user to come along since Yoda, maybe even including Yoda. Emperor Palpatine is afraid of him, inasmuch as he rules him by fear. It is not inconceivable AT ALL that Vader can mop the floor with any half-trained Inquisitor.

Reva IS a chump. She's been manipulated by the Sith, by the Inquisitors, and then she let Obi-wan weaponize her as well while he ran for the hills. The only one she was ever a threat to are those more weak and helpless than she is. With one episode left, I predict she doesn't survive the series. We'll see.

jackoverfull and The Nth Doctor like this.
  8. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

Willy Wonka- Coming soon! Wonka face cream! You can eat it and moisturize your wrinkles away!

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  9. Crewman6

Crewman6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No, it's a failure of writing. You never, ever make your villain into a chump. There's zero tension that way, zero stakes, zero point.

Making nerdy lists of "who's the strongest force user" is not a recipe for good drama.

10. cooleddie74

"It's off the charts! Over 20,000. Even Mr. Wonka doesn't have a snozzberry count that high!"

Campe likes this.
  11. fireproof78

Yeah, Reva was not a threat insofar as being stronger. She was impulsive, undisciplined, and reckless. Both Obi-Wan and Vader were more than capable of defeating her, and she was delusional enough to feel she could. Vader fed in to that.

jackoverfull likes this.
  12. Noname Given

Noname Given Admiral Admiral

IDK - This would have worked better as the movie it was originally supposed to be (probably would have had a tighter story progression too.) Story wise I like the character motivations, but as a full Jedi himself, I can't believe Obi-Wan would have thought Vader couldn't sense her wanting to attack/betray him; and there was just to much "needs of the plot elements" like:

1) Obi-Wan and Leia are able to escape Vader's clutches once he's out of sight of the Inquisitor Reeva and hell, even manages to board the Transport all before Vader can even get into the base...

2) There was a SECOND transport just outside the underground hanger base READY to go?? (Not to mention the Imperials missed seeing it on the ground too.:wtf:) I mean hell, if that was the case the opening setup where they state there was just this one -- and they had to hold the refugees in the base to use it to recuse Leia...Yet, they had a second one so that the one Vader stopped was empty...:shrug:)

3) AFTER the failed ambush by Grand Inquisitor Reva, Vader leaves her alive to come after him again (yes, I know, some will say he believes the would is fatal and leaves her to suffer, but PLEASE...Vader force chokes Officer's to death for ANY failure, so the fact he leaves her breathing as he walks out is jut plain out of character as it's obvious she's going to live; and know also knows Obi-Wan's secret about "The Children" (and that one of the said Children is on Tantooine)...

Again, nice visuals and light-saber duels; but story wise, the amount of Idiot Ball Tossing/Plot Armor to date in all this is reaching absurd levels, even for STAR WARS.

Jedi Marso likes this.
  13. Crewman6

Crewman6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think it happens in the middle of AOTC right after Anakin kills the tuskens. He needed to blow off some steam.

14. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't think that makes sense. We've seen Vader kill lots of people who were not threats to him. He's killed innocents civilians. He's also killed imperial officers just for being insolent. They were certainly no threat to him. Vader does not seem like the kind of guy that let's you live just because you are not a threat to him.

Heck, we are also told that Vader does not let anyone live who knows his true identity. Reva knows his identity. So why only wound her and let her go? It is uncharacteristic behavior for Vader IMO.

jackoverfull likes this.
  15. Jedi Marso

Yes, this show is striving to equal the ST for its bad writing.

TREK_GOD_1 likes this.
  16. Jedi Marso

Well, I did say in an earlier post that I was making up better stories than this one with my SW toys when I was 9 years old.

17. Jedi Marso

There was no return to Coruscant in the middle of AOTC. About the time Anakin was killing the Tuskens, Obi-wan was Dooku's prisoner on Geonosis.

Campe and cooleddie74 like this.
  18. cooleddie74

Yeah, this definitely happens before the explosion aboard Padmé's cruiser.

jackoverfull likes this.
  19. fireproof78

It's at least not at PT levels yet.

20. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Not a bad episode but it does feel slow, especially the troops landing and then we have to have a separate scene of the inquisitor landing. Feels like they are filling time.

Also, giving Anakin a green light saber would have made more sense. That or giving him a robotic hand...