News Obi-Wan Kenobi series premiering on May 27

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Mach5, Aug 15, 2019.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have a feeling 40 year old Hayden Christensen probably looks more like 20ish Hayden Crhistensen, than 41 year old Rosario Dawson looks like 15 year old Rosario Dawson.

2. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

Still be nice to see a live action version of the Clone Wars grouping at least once. Anakin with his Padawan to reinforce that that did happen and that his personal grievance with the Jedi Council is more founded that it seemed in Revenge of the Sith (pre-The Clone Wars....pre-Ahsoka). Or Obi-wan's last conversion with Ahsoka over the holonet, about Anakin getting assigned to spy on Palpatine and Obi-wan being again the Counicl's idea, but wanting Ahsoka to talk to Anakin about it (after she was done with Maul on Mandalor).

3. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

While it'd certainly be nice from a wider franchise perspective, the makers of this show should only be concerned with what's needed for *this* show only. I'm not saying it's impossible by any stretch since Ewan, Katee, Temuera and Rosario and/or Ashley are all seemingly available and likely up for it, but that it can't be done just for the sake of doing it.

It's the same reason why Ahsoka's appearance in TM both fulfilled a story need on that show, and only *hinted* at her larger story & background. Or indeed Boba Fett's appearance only gave what information was relevant and no more.
    There's still likely fans out there who's experience with Star Wars is just what's in The Mandalorian and nothing else, so such appearances must be accessible to neophytes. Likewise, Kenobi must be made on the assumption that it will be some peoples' first Star Wars anything.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Since he's coming back for the Obi-Wan show, I wonder if they'd be able to get Hayden Christensen to come back again for Ahsoka? That would be a more appropriate place to give us flashbacks to the two of them together or a dream/vision.

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't be surprised if he popped up, either in flashbacks or as a Force ghost. Or even both.

6. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hope his participation is minimal.

7. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Has anyone done work on Yoda’s move from Trant—I mean Coruscant?

Not much in the way of life there...unlike a jungle... He would have detected Sidious easier on Dagobah. Except for the final Dyad...force ghosts last longer on green worlds

8. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Dagobah was a nexus of Dark Force energy, it hid him from the outside, and probably blinded him from seeing out except in a couple cirumstances.

9. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

That's more of an EU idea that canon doesn't seem to have gone with.
    I think the general notion is that the fact that the planet is 1) waaaaay off the beaten path. 2) otherwise uninhabited and 3) teeming with life (and thus the force; light and dark), is mostly what hid Yoda from any particularly concerted effort.
    But then at the same time, the EU treated the force a little too much like magical space radar. It's not supposed to work that way; even the Emperor couldn't sense Luke, nor could Vader until after they'd made some kind of emotional connection, and even then, he never sensed Leia even when she was literally right in font of him.
    Indeed we've only ever seen force users directly recognise each other's presence in the force when they are both in close proximity and have a strong existing bond. Maul didn't sense Sidious until he was right outside Sundari's throne room. Vader didn't sense even a hint of Obi-Wan until he walked right by the Falcon. And Luke didn't sense Vader until he was flying right by the Executor. So Palpatine sensing Yoda from across the galaxy suddenly doesn't seem all that likely. Hell, he couldn't even track down Maul for the *decades* he was in the wind. Never even sense he was still alive until Savage dragged him out of that junkheap.

As for anything particularly special about Dagobah, it is strong in the force but the reasoning seems to be that it may have once been a midichlorian wellspring planet, like the one where Yoda met the Priestesses. The notion being that there's always one of those in the galaxy, but it "moves" over time, leaving behind ecosystems overflowing with primordial life.

publiusr likes this.
  10. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

11. Tuskin38

Could we get a thread title change? It's not a rumour anymore lol. I think you have to ask a mod/admin Mach5 since you created the thread.

saddestmoon likes this.
  12. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Interesting to see Owen and Beru back... along with seeing what kind of a role Kumail Nanjiani might play.

13. saddestmoon

saddestmoon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Exciting!!!! :D

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder if the Lars being on it means we'll also get a 10 year old Luke?

15. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

I would imagine that's the case. In ANH, Obi Wan mentions that at one point he wanted Luke to have Vader's light saber but that his uncle wouldn't allow it. I'm guessing that Obi Wan wants to start Luke's training, but Owen won't allow it.. So maybe we'll get that exchange.

saddestmoon likes this.
  16. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

Indubitably.

saddestmoon likes this.
  17. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Was Edgerton confirmed to return before this? I had a feeling he would be, but I don't recall hearing anything so I was worried they might have had to recast the role, because you gotta have the Larses in there. I'm really excited to see some juicy drama between Owen and Obi-Wan.

18. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

19. UssGlenn

UssGlenn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's clear in ANH that Luke has met Obi Wan in the past, but it's been a while since that happened. I'm sure the "I want to train him" conversation comes right before the "Stay away from him" conversation.

20. Tuskin38

I don't think Luke met Obi-Wan, he just knew of him.

Owen lies to Luke in ANH saying Obi-Wan died around the same time as Anakin.

[​IMG]