Nu Trading Spaces season 2

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by auntiehill, Mar 17, 2019.

1. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

So..anyone watch the season 2 premiere? I have to say-- if someone glued a crapload of Frisbees on my wall, I'd be fucking PISSED. But, the '70s-loving couple actually liked it. :shrug:There's no accounting for taste. I could live with the stripes but not the damn Frisbees.

I liked the mid- century modern room. It was a big change but still a subtle and fairly tasteful design. They said they liked it but were very restrained so I thought they might have been kinda disappointed. Maybe they wanted a more drastic change? I liked the room a lot, except for the curtains, but that's an easy fix.

2. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I noticed it taped but didn't even hear there was a new season.

I'm gonna guess it was Hildy that did the frisbees?

3. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    She usually does more weird stuff, like stapling plastic flowers to the bathroom walls or a guest bedroom where all the furniture is made of cardboard and there's brown pattern paper glued to the walls.

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Any reason you didn't say 'New'?

5. auntiehill

Surprisingly, no. It was Carter.

6. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep. And usually I cringe at her results.

Just saw a rerun recently where both couples hated the results from both designers. :lol:

7. auntiehill

Doug's green room this week looked a bit...naff. The leafing looked sloppy and the scale of everything seemed off. Not a terrible room, just a bit poorly executed.

Frank's room seemed more livable -- the built-ins were well-done and the colors really popped.

8. auntiehill

Gah! Hilde struck again. I felt so bad for that poor woman; she was in nearly in tears through the whole thing. At least the couple had a sense of humor about it---but I don't understand why people go along with it. Why don't they put their foot down and just say no?