November Art Challenge - The Thin Red Line

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Klaus, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

Well thanks for the votes, and may the Great Bird NOT roost on all your planets! :D

I'm going to go with a theme suggested by this week's 91st anniversary of the end of the War to End All Wars [better luck next time] and also being the 70th anniversary of the beginning of WW2 as well. I wear a lapel pin from a WW1 medal set of my grandfather's on my hat every day. :D I'm proud of his service [and my dad's, and the rest of my family that has served] but also very pleased that the grandsons of the guys he was shooting at are allies and have been for fifty years.

I think this can be a topic which will hopefully garner a range of entries, even this busy time of year.

The theme is The Thin Red Line -- War and Peace in the Trekverse

Show us combat on any scale, from people to fleets, or the ships and weapons they fight with. Show us soldiers training, coming home, or being laid to their final rest. Show us diplomatic missions and brave ambassadors, or former enemies now drinking a toast as friends. Recruiting posters, scrolling casualty lists, antiwar protest literature... anything that touches on the waging of war or the forging of peace in Star Trek. I'm sure there are lots of things I can't think of. The Klingons alone ought to offer a host of possibilities. :klingon:

To those who are about to enter, we salute you!
    [​IMG]

2. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Does everyone know what time it is? Just a few more hours until the deadline - don't get caught on the wrong side of the war! ;). If you haven't already, be sure to send your final entry to the moderator at ptrope at gmail dot com by midnight, PST (it gets everyone a little extra time to finish their projects ;)).

3. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

Wow, I was just about to post asking for this info...nice.