Contest: ENTER November 2017 Art Challenge — “Let's See Your OC!”

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Michael, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Thank you, @pl1ngpl0ng! It's much appreciated. :)

Thanks for your kind words. Yeah, I spent a considerable amount of time getting the look on her face just right. I wanted her to look young and cute and Ferengi and happy and sad at the same time. For a while I also toyed with the idea of giving her hair, but it just never looked quite right. Other things to look out for, by the way, are the future Starfleet uniform from “All Good Things …”, Data's little hologram crystal that stored Tasha's image and Quark wearing an IDIC as a brooch on his chest.

And yes, I imagine Sakonna and Quark still living happily ever after on Quark's own moon from where he runs his lucrative endeavours. :)

Very nice! I'm glad you went with that version of him. :techman:

Voting will be tough this time around with so many nice entries. Speaking of which, the voting thread will be up shortly.

2. Cyfa

Cyfa Commodore Commodore

- Thanks, @pl1ngpl0ng - Despite all my intentions and threats to learn how to use some sort of CG medium, my laziness kicks in and thwarts me. Which is somewhat ironic, because it takes ages painting pictures and cutting out paper models and the like - I'd save so much time if I just learnt how to use Photoshop or its ilk!

- I noticed the uniform (I rather like the future uniform, despite its made-on-the-cheap look in the shows) and crystal hologram emitter, but not the IDIC brooch - Nice touch! And the time you spent on Pol's expression definitely shows - excellent work.
    I expect Sakonna gets through rather a lot of eye-rolls, despite her "happily ever after" with Quark?! :)

- Thanks. I only wish I'd made a bigger LCARS template to insert the image into.
    As for the entries: aren't they all marvellous?! I'm so glad so many people have taken part and shown off their skills. I have absolutely no idea who I'm going to vote for, though. Hopefully, I can make a decision when they're all displayed together...

3. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

:lol: I'm sure she does, yeah. They're an odd couple, no doubt, but I feel they have the kind of chemistry that keeps them together for a long, long time.

Yeah, I love the fact that more people participated this time. Let's see if this carries over to the next contest. :)

By the by, here's the promised voting thread!