Non-Trek recommendations for Trek readers

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by trampledamage, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really Jack McDevitt's sci fi novels he has 2 different series I really like to read Priscilla Hutchinson is a Starship Captain and I really the series of books about her adventures.And a Space Archeologists that solves new and ancient space mysteries.The author is a big Star Trek fan and his stories show his love of star trek in his books.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  2. Trek66

Trek66 Ensign Newbie

I have read some of McDevitts' work and I thought it was really good. I didn't know that he was a fan of Star Trek. Now I'm going to have to see about reading some more. Thank you for sharing this.

3. Tflockj

Tflockj Ensign Red Shirt

I loved the Murderbot Diaries novellas. I only wish they were longer. Wells is writes great dialogue! The series seems to be wrapped up with the fourth one. I can hope for more, can't I?

4. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

Greg Cox likes this.
  5. Tflockj

Tflockj Ensign Red Shirt

6. jaime

jaime Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dunno if anyone has mentioned the Space Captain Smith books...they are comedy SF (think Red Dwarf) and run the absolute gamut of references, but I think it’s either the fourth or fifth one that is very heavy on the Trek, being very much a Trek ‘peace conference’ episode.

They are all easygoing reads (like most treklit. That’s not an insult.) and are very much worth the time and money. They are deeply British in places, but not impenetrably so.