(Non-ST)(SWtor) Jed Rango

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by BennieGamali, Jan 24, 2016.

1. BennieGamali

BennieGamali Commander Red Shirt

((I read that it was allowed to post non ST stories here. I like to RP and i like writing stories about my WoW, SWtor, DnD etc characters. Anyway. This one is about my bounty hunter Jed Rango, his joining of the guild i'm in and the events leading up to it. It will come in 4 parts. I'll simply call this story "Woops". It's the first one I have written in a long time. Some stuff might annoy SW diehard fans, but that's the risk you run when writing about certain universes. Hope the story isn't boring!))

"Woops"
    Part 1. Jed Rango

Jed-Rango sat at the edge of his bed, hunkered over a comic book on his lap. He absently played with the hair at the nape of his neck and grinned gleefully at the action unfolding on the colourful pages. Now, Jed would be the first to tell you; he was no paper-licker. He just had this one guilty pleasure. Vigilantina the Vigilante.
    She was a hero who cleaned up the streets of the scumbag infested Innocence City. He owned just about every issue of the series, most of them were on a datapad, but he had a few that were printed on actual paper as well. The one in his lap was printed on paper, and it was his favourite issue.
    Jed’s fascination with the hero had started when he was a kid. He had been grocery-shopping with his dad and suddenly he saw it. The coolest cover art he had ever seen.
    On the top of the page, in bold, neon-green letters was the tittle “VIGILANTINA the VIGILANTE – Against all odds!” A Twilekk with vibrant green skin, high tech goggles and a lit cigar was firing two blasters. The cigar was gripped between her teeth, and looked like she was half snarling, half grinning. Her body was covered by a blue body suit under grey battle armour, and on her somewhat large feet she was wearing huge black boots. Vigilantina was aiming her blasters at an evil looking human with a distinctively evil face. The human raised a fist in the air, while using the other hand to point at Vigilantina, ordering two vicious looking Nexu to attack. Jed had just had to have it.
    Jed had gotten his catchphrase from one of the early issues of the series;
    “I will get you. You can wrap tobacco around THAT and smoke it!” This was a phrase she had used once before killing a major slimebag boss.
    He had only used this “catchphrase” a total of two times. Both times he had been proven wrong, his luck wouldn’t allow him to look too cool for too long.
    Actually, the phrase seemed to have summoned the bad luck.
    The first time his blasters had clogged up, making him look like a total tool. His target, a large chiss with a mean streak, had then taken the chance to pummel his face inn.
    The second time a random speeder had smashed into him, knocking him off his feet and sending him sliding across the floor. While he laid there another two speeders followed the first one. Imperial agents chasing some cretin. He was lucky the target took the chance to flee instead of giving him a wallop. The speeder had broken three ribs and cost him a tooth or two. Fighting back would have been challenging.
    Jed chuckled to himself at the stupid goone who was going to get his shit pushed inn by Vigilantina.
    “Your dinner is served, sir.” – The tinny voice of BR-10DR broke through the action – “I truly outdid myself this time, if I may say so myself. Come come!” The droid beckoned him out into the hallway and led him towards the tiny ships kitchen. All the way blabbering about exactly how he had crafted the meal. Just as Jed had suspected there was a bowl of “dinner smoothie” waiting for him on the tiny dining table.
    “Thanks, looks.. like it’s edible.” Jed sat down. The droid lifted its hands towards it’s face as if embarrassed by this praise.
    “Oh it was easy sir!” The droid then clanked out of the room merrily.
    Jed frowned and poked at the goo with his fork. Ever since he had acquired the droid he had been losing weight. BR-10DR liked to burn the food slightly before smoshing all the ingredients into a fine porridge, water added to keep it from getting too dry.
    Jed would have made his own food had it not been for the fact that the droid seemed so horribly offended when he did so. Who in black space had decided to give droids sentience anyway?
    Just as he was about to shovel the food down his throat, the holocom bleeped and blooped. This could only mean one of two things. There was a job headed his way, or the the hutt goons had found him.

2. BennieGamali

BennieGamali Commander Red Shirt

Part 2. Mulgor Beroda

As Jed parked his speeder and looked at the establishment he started wondering if he should have been relieved the call had been a job. A couple of bouncers stood on each side of the door, their arms were about the size of his thighs. His cybernetic eye told him they were both carrying some nasty vibroblades. So, that was one reason not to turn the job down.
    A bright pink neon sign informed him that the charming establishment was named “Lovely Lekku Gentleman's club”. He pulled his hood and mask down while walking towards the guards. As he finally remove his speeder goggles he tried to rub away the stupid red lines he knew would be there. Red goggle marks never looked cool. The googles he let hang around his neck, he didn't expect to stay very long. Get in, get the job, get out. He flashed the guards a polite smile as he came closer, his nervous reflex kicked in and he involuntarily gave them both the thumbs up.
    Space damn you, you look like a damn nerf herder!- He thought to himself, but he couldn't take his thumbs back down now. So he walked all the way past them with a stupid smile and his stupid thumbs in the air. As soon as he had passed them he groaned at himself and face-palmed. His cybernetic audio-aid picked up on the two guard snickering. One of them called him a tosser. Jed sometimes regretted getting the audio amplifier.
    He then made his way into the dark club. The main room was lit up by pink and red neon lights, on stage was a scantily clad woman singing some song or other while a bunch of twilekk danced around her. A crowd of varying races sat about the room. Some looked drunk, some looked spicy and just about every human there had a moustache. This realization made him raise his brows. He made a mental not to ponder this at a later date.
    On a round dais in a corner of the room he saw a white round couch. The couch was filled with fluffy pillows, furs and one fat, grey haired man. He was wearing some fancy suit and Jed could see his shoes shine from the other side of the room.
    Two armed men sat in the stairs of the dais, keeping their eyes on the crowd. Another stood in front of them. They were all just as big as the two bouncers. Jed sat his hands to his hips to avoid repeating the whole “thumbs up” incident and made his way over to the dais. A couple of times he waved at no one in particular. It never hurt to have the employer think he had friends nearby. At least one person waved back, looking confused and unsure.

“Name?” The standing man asked and scanned him quickly, he then handed the scanner to the man behind him. He never took his steely eyes off the bounty hunter.
    “Jed.” said Jed shortly and smiled, keeping his hand firmly planted to his hips.
    “Jed Rango Starfury?” asked the man who now held the scanner. He leaned around the first man to eye Jed up and down.
    “The one and only.” he nodded and smiled. The stair-men looked at each other for a moment. The one standing turned around, waved the others off the stairs and beckoned for the bounty hunter to follow.
    “This way J.R.” he said. Jed groaned inwardly. Why did everyone insist on calling him that? It made him sound like some teenage thug.
    “Your hunter is here, boss.” The man pointed at Jed and waited for a nod from her boss, then stepped back.
    Mulgor Beroda, a leader of The Seven. A bigwig cartel run by the heads of 7 different families. His dark eyes were hard and serious in his tanned, fleshy face. Short-cropped silvery hair covered his head like a cap. Jed judged him to be somewhere around his mid-fifties.
    “You the bounty hunter?” Mulgor looked unimpressed. “I had expected someone bigger. Someone with more.. eeh.. panache. “ he swiveled his hand around as he searched for the word.
    “Eeh yeah.. Well. The thing about panache is it gets attention. That means people notice you. Now, if you're trying to hunt someone down.. It's better if they don't notice you.”
    Mulgore stared at him for sometime.
    “You a smart-mouth, robo-boy?” the mobster lifted his eyebrows at Jed. “I ain’t got time for no smart-mouth low-lives patronizing me.” Mulgor kept his eyes on Jed, obviously waiting for some answer or reaction.
    “In that case, no. No I am not.”
    “Good. You better hope you can do the task, hunter. Failure makes me angry. And I aint very nice when I am angry.” The mobster leaned forward and placed his elbows on his knees. “How do you feel about pirates?”

(( Next time on Jed Rango:
    Part 3. Chase.
    Aboard his happy hunk of spacejunk, Jed must flee from a dangerous someone! Will he survive? Will he perish? Will it all just be a dream? Find out at a later, at an undefined date!))

3. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Well, I'm intrigued. I like the creativity on display here (with the comic and the droid and Jed's behaviour). I hope we don't have to wait too long for the next installment.