Suppose the events of TWOK never happened and someone, as Spock said, did "return to that world in a hundred years and to learn what crop has sprung from the seed you planted today." What could TNG have done for a follow-up on "Space Seed"?
So, assuming Ceti Alpha 6 hadn't ever exploded, & the Botany Bay settlers had been given a century on a primitive but habitable world, as promised?Assuming the planet was not destroyed and a society developed.
Possibly... only if they find out about them. In order for that to happen, they'd have to make themselves known off world. I doubt Starfleet would've made it common knowledge.The Federation's enemies might have allied with them in that time span.

Those people weren't power hungry mad men fleeing an entire postwar planet lol I don't see the same kind of idyllic utopia springing up from renegade war criminalsPerhaps a reworking of "The Masterpiece Society", with that being Ceti Alpha 5 after a century.
I think this is the most likely outcome. Khan himself basically said so in "SPACE SEED" during the dinner. "One man would have ruled eventually."I don't think there would be very many survivors, if any. Too many would-be conquerors with dinosaur-sized egos, raised to be Caesars, doesn't seem like a basis for a stable society. They all wanted to be rulers, and now they're stuck on Gilligan's Island for the rest of their lives (minus the humor). I don't believe it would be very long before civil war broke out, and given their abilities and temperaments, it would be a very nasty one. Forget "The Masterpiece Society," this would be much more like "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield."
"Treks not Taken" would make a great animated anthology series.
We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.