No more DS9 on Spike?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by golakers, May 29, 2007.

1. golakers

golakers Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm looking to record some DS9, but nothing is showing up on the TV Guide schedule for Spike. Has it moved or did they pull it? Argh!

2. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

It is scheduled to air at 3:00 am starting May 29th

3. gastrof

gastrof Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not quite correct.

The time will vary depending on the night.

We talked about this in another thread.

If I remember correctly, it's only going to be on something like three times a week, sometimes at 2, sometimes at 3, whatever.

It will continue from where the morning runs ended, tho', so if you don't mind adjusting your home recorded for a different timeslot each airing, then you can still get the next episodes.

4. DanCPA

DanCPA Admiral Admiral

my dvr doesn't show it at all!

5. pandanista

pandanista Cadet Newbie

When I was checking my guide, DS9 doesn't show up at all. Though here I am watching it, but according to SpikeTV, The Shield is on.

6. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

7. Good Will Riker

Good Will Riker Admiral

The truth of the matter is, with all the cuts on SPIKE, we are all better off viewing DS9 episodes on DVD.

Why wait night after night, when we can zip through many of those episodes in a single sitting. You could literally finish a DS9 marathon in a month than having to wait months for it to cycle through SPIKE (cut...).:thumbsup:

8. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

^ :lol:

Or for some of us, you could watch the DVDs over a year or 18 months, rather than being tied to an episode a day.

For some of us, that is a huge time commitment for a show we've already seen several times. ;)

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Unfortunately an episode only three days a week.

I really don't see why it isn't more popular. I find it has become my favorite Trek series.

10. mcmac

mcmac Vice Admiral Admiral

As excellent as DS9 in, it has been running a lot since it was added. While seven seasons is a lot of seasons, when it's been running as much as it has been (maybe my Spike was different and mind you, I was randomly home during the day while at uni) it always seemed to be on 2x or 3x a day. You cycle through pretty quickly that way. It almost seemed too much.

It might be good to give it a break for a while, of course, knowing Spike they will probably air something mundane instead, but at least you don't have to watch that natural male enhancement commericial 10 times per hour :lol:

11. gastrof

gastrof Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Your Spike? :confused:

Ummm...

Spike is a cable/satellite channel.

It's not a local TV station.

There may be two feeds (one for the East Coast, and one for the West...MIGHT, mind you), but even if so the programming would be identical.

None of us are special. We're all seeing the same thing.

Where did you get the idea that cable/satellite channels are regional and have localized programming?

12. mcmac

mcmac Vice Admiral Admiral

As a human being, alas, I don't know everything. I was merely suggesting that that it's possible different subscribers would receive different feeds from a cable/satellite channel. It would certainly make sense. One of the reasons media has become so fragmented and niche oriented is that advertisers want to ensure they are reaching their target populations. Being able to do so on a network channel would be advantageous . Is that actually the case? I haven't the slightest idea, but I can defeintly see the case for it. You see that sort of thing in internet ads, regional editions of major national newspapers such as the New York Times and USA Today. Hence the maybe ;)

And of course I am special, I am a sloth :p :lol: