Nintendo NX / Switch Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Steven, Oct 20, 2016.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

What happens when SSB comes out on the Switch 2? They can'y possibly top this version.

2. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, the amount of content in this game is insane. I can't imagine them starting from scratch next generation. Maybe they'll just keep releasing DLC characters and stages for the next 20 years? And they can sell hats. People love hats.

3. ISP_Zombie

ISP_Zombie Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looking into getting a Switch in November (hopefully). Was wondering what kind of screen protectors did you guys get? I've been looking around and found one that seemed promising, but I'm still not sure.

4. Hobbit

Hobbit Ensign Newbie

This is a great system. The only problem I have with it is the joycon drift -- if Nintendo are releasing a new version of the Switch, that should be one of the very first things they fix.

5. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

Does anyone know how to get the joycon update to actually install? It’s been popping up for a few months now, and when I go to install it, whether I have the joycons (which are the original joycons that came in the box from Nintendo—-I bought the system brand-new) attached to the Switch or not, and the update always fails on the left one. I always have to restart the system after trying this update, otherwise only the right controller will work.

6. Akiraprise

Akiraprise Vice Admiral Moderator

I still haven't purchased a Switch... Although I am getting the itch again to do so. :lol:

7. ISP_Zombie

Do it! :p

It's really fun!

Just make sure to get a screen protector. It's easy to scratch the screen.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    Jax likes this.
  8. Ricky Spanish

Ricky Spanish History’s Greatest Monster Premium Member

We bought our son one back when they first released. It mostly sits collecting dust. :eek:

9. Akiraprise

Akiraprise Vice Admiral Moderator

The issue I face is I really only care about a couple titles. Zelda, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, and that's really about it. To buy a console for only a few games? My 15 year old self would be kicking me right now for talking stupid. Curse adulthood.

10. ISP_Zombie

Ah I see. Have you seen this years E3 yet? There's a lot of nice titles coming out for it.

11. bigglesworth

bigglesworth Commander Red Shirt

My only complaint with the Switch so far is the lack of old titles online. The Wii virtual console had a ton of old games from the NES, SNES, N64, NeoGeo, etc... The Switch has only 20 or so, mostly from the NES.

12. Nerroth

Nerroth Commodore Commodore

13. bigglesworth

bigglesworth Commander Red Shirt

I’m wondering how well this will sell considering there’s no video output. It’s only $100 less than the regular Switch but it’s not really a console system and it’s about $100 more than the 2/3DS but larger, heavier and lacking the DS’s game library.