NFL 2023: A different shade of green for Aaron Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
1695989278561_tdy_pop_7a_ikeda_traylor_snf_230929_1920x1080-p2pmd2.jpg

Apparently the 49ers players didn’t know the playoff OT rules or even discuss OT strategy, and that’s why they chose to receive first.

Actually, the rules are two years old.

Also, did you know that Blaine Gabbert has two more Super Bowl rings than Dan Marino?

Steelers couldn't wait to release Mitch Trubisky, so the day after the Super Bowl he's gone. I wonder if he's done because he'll probably want significantly more than teams are willing to pay, assuming they want a backup QB who has no shot of being productive if put into a game. But then again, Rick Mirer kept getting signed being just that.

Also, the new Cowboys DC is Mike Zimmer.

I guess as one of the few 49ers fans on this forum, I should post more about it, considering I've had a day to digest it.

This Super Bowl made me feel really numb. Maybe I just don't want to allow sporting events to hurt me that much, as they are just sporting events, but it was a game full of missed opportunities and what ifs. Still, 24 hours from viewing it, the positive I took was that Brock Purdy went toe to toe with what many consider the best QB in the NFL right now and didn't embarrass himself. It was other parts of the team that let him down, and I am starting to wonder if the 49ers should move on from Shanahan. Yeah he's taken us to Super Bowls and Championship games, but when you can't get over the hump and you are constantly the bridesmaid, well, it's probably how these disappointments are piling up that concerns me the most.

In terms of the 49ers not knowing the OT rules, that's disheartening to hear, but I really wish they did a better job explaining the rules yesterday. There was a small detail in there where I didn't understand and I kept wondering what happens at the end of the first OT Quarter. Well, the Ref said that it is a brand new game, and I had a hard time putting the two and two together and understanding what that means.

Last edited:
University of Washington head coach Kalen DeBoer bolts for Alabama, takes some of his coaches with him including offensive coordinator Ryan Grubb. Well Grubb has decided he'd rather stay in Seattle and is now the offensive coordinator of the Seahawks.

I heard on local sports radio this morning that Grubb went to Alabama with DeBoer and, either didn't like the culture, or, didn't like the recruiting class, so he hightailed it back to Seattle, leaving DeBoer in the lurch.

I guess as one of the few 49ers fans on this game, I should post more about it, considering I've had a day to digest it.

This Super Bowl made me feel really numb. Maybe I just don't want to allow sporting events to hurt me that much, as they are just sporting events, but it was a game full of missed opportunities and what ifs. Still, 24 hours from viewing it, the positive I took was that Brock Purdy went toe to toe with what many consider the best QB in the NFL right now and didn't embarrass himself.

Purdy did pretty well. Your special teams really let you down.

And I think they should have run the ball more in second half. You have the best RB in football.

And I think they should have run the ball more in second half. You have the best RB in football.

Moody made kicks though. That Extra Point was not good, but I think that was his only miss. The muffed punt and CMC fumbling at the beginning of the game did hurt though. 49ers should have ended that 1st quarter up 14 or more. Defense was playing its best game of the postseason.

I don't know, CMC was under 4.0 ypc - Chiefs defense started to clamp down on the run game.

As for Shanahan, he made some questionable calls - much like any coach will have throughout a given game. I don't think he particularly mismanaged it outside of ending the first half. All they can do is try again and hope they won't run into Mahomes a third time.

I guess as one of the few 49ers fans on this forum, I should post more about it, considering I've had a day to digest it.

This Super Bowl made me feel really numb. Maybe I just don't want to allow sporting events to hurt me that much, as they are just sporting events, but it was a game full of missed opportunities and what ifs. Still, 24 hours from viewing it, the positive I took was that Brock Purdy went toe to toe with what many consider the best QB in the NFL right now and didn't embarrass himself. It was other parts of the team that let him down, and I am starting to wonder if the 49ers should move on from Shanahan. Yeah he's taken us to Super Bowls and Championship games, but when you can't get over the hump and you are constantly the bridesmaid, well, it's probably how these disappointments are piling up that concerns me the most.

In terms of the 49ers not knowing the OT rules, that's disheartening to hear, but I really wish they did a better job explaining the rules yesterday. There was a small detail in there where I didn't understand and I kept wondering what happens at the end of the first OT Quarter. Well, the Ref said that it is a brand new game, and I had a hard time putting the two and two together and understanding what that means.
I was cheering on the Niners, and was disappointed by their defense and ability to stop the Chiefs and their different attacks. It seemed like Kelce was under covered, and the later half of the game the Niners defense struggled greatly.

And, yes, I would have liked if the new rules were better known. Apparently people felt it was a given that no overtime would happen.

The Super Bowl was the most-watched telecast in history.

Naturally, in the wake of that success, Paramount has announced the layoffs of 800 employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back