NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by SmoothieX, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

2. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

That's good, at least they made the change before it was too late...oh wait.

Seriously, that game last night was like a bad comedy. They give Tebow a whole series while Sanchez looks on increduously, then he comes in on the next drive and begins by throwing a horrible pick. Then there was the ending. Wow.

3. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

I watched the Knicks game instead that night.

The Jets are a debacle. As a Pats fan, I'm having fun watching them implode.

4. Use of Time

You're a Patriots fan?

5. SmoothieX

Yeah, as noted in most of my posts here in this thread. I'm the resident Pats Person.

I grew up in suburban NY. The Jets and Giants both sucked most of the time, but we got a channel out of Hartford that carried the Pats games. They drafted Bledsoe and Martin and the team got pretty good, so I started watching.

The eight years I spent living in New England and multiple games at Gillette every year I went to didn't hurt either.

6. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

http://www.thestar.com/sports/footb...ashes-toronto-games-after-seahawks-trash-team

Bills Center Eric Wood trashes Toronto, calling out fans for not creating an atmosphere.

Well, if the Bills weren't a consistently lousy team, maybe we'd have something to cheer about. The Toronto CFL team just won a championship on home turf and the place was rocking.

Maybe Wood should be looking at himself and his teammates after they came into town and put up a stinker.

7. Use of Time

Yeah, I know you are man, I was just messing with you.;)

8. SmoothieX

Gotcha, you gotta put that stuff in [sarcasm] tags next time because:

1. I'm a doofus, and;
    2. It's hard to read sarcasm in a post.

This team needs to be rebooted. They have no identity. There seems to be a disconnect between management and ownership. They botched the Tebow thing. Questionable personnel moves. Ryan inheriting a good team and regressing, number 1 defense to whatever they are now. No RBs or WRs you've ever heard of. Sanchez set up to fail.

This reminds me of the Mets before last season. A complete laughingstock, so I've rooted for a garbage team ineptly run, and it's frustrating. I can empathize with the fans even if I loathe the team.

Look across the hallway for some pointers. The Giants have been responsible for more Super Bowl misery than I cared to endure the last few years, but I at least respect them as an organization. Same goes for the Steelers, Broncos, Packers, Colts, et al. in other sports.

9. tighr

I got the sarcasm, and thought it was funny. We're all pretty much regulars in this post (and presumably have read most/all of the thread), but you always mention being a Pats fan ;)

10. tighr

You're lambasting the Jets for being a poor organization, and point to 5 of the last 6 teams to win a Super Bowl as model respectable organizations? Of course they're model organizations, they've had recent success!

I would say a better analogy would be teams like the Texans, the Titans (up until Jeff Fisher leaving) or the Ravens would be better role models for the Jets. The Broncos are probably the team you were looking for, as you mentioned. All teams that have overcome adversity, had some playoff success, are looking to get over the hump, but don't throw their players under the bus. The way the Broncos handled the Kyle Orton benching was classy (and they way they dumped Cutler was classy, too). The way the Jets are handling Tebow and Sanchez, plus signing Braylon Edwards after he shits on the GM is not classy. The way McElroy admitted in an interview that the lockerroom is dysfunctional is not classy.

11. Use of Time

God I keep hearing that Alex Smith is a candidate for the Jets next year. That kid must have really pissed off the Football gods. He goes through a coaching carousel in SF and was pretty much left for dead by the league. Harbaugh somehow gets through to him and fixes his mind, turns him into a respectable starter. Then Harbaugh decides he's done with him in favor of his new toy. Now they want to send him to the guy that somehow ruined two QB's in one season in Ryan? Smith is going to need therapy when he retires.

12. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

And he'll be able to afford it with all his millions of dollars. Do not weep for him. He is going to have offers coming in from a few teams. A friend of mine is convinced he was hurt worse than the anyone wants to admit and benching him has as much to do with not showing weakness(for the team, or for Smith when he goes on the market this spring) as it does Harbaugh wanting to start fresh with Kaepernick.

I'd like to see him play some role in the post-season, but as long as they're winning it is hard to criticize Harbaugh's call on this one. When they were sitting pretty with that 28 point lead on Sunday, bringing him in to slow down the game might have kept that margin a lot bigger than it ended up being. They did win though, which is what they all get paid those millions for.

13. Use of Time

Yeah, I understand why he isn't playing. I've got no problem with Harbaugh. It's just a strange set of circumstances Smith has had to overcome during his tenure in the league. I'd like to see him end up somewhere besides that shit show in NY. Maybe AZ would be a good fit for him. They played good defense earlier in the year before everybody started mailing it in. He would have a go to receiver in Fitzgerald and if they can get Ryan Williams healthy they would probably have a good running game.

14. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In other QB-related news, reports from within the Jets are reporting that Tebow wants a trade after the season, and the Jets are considering trying to trade Sanchez and make a swing at Vick. Oh, they just keep getting more and more fun over there.

15. Use of Time

You know the saying goes that if you draft the wrong QB you are essentially setting your entire franchise back about 5 years. The Jets are about to shoot for a decade.

16. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

At least the dumpster fire that is the Jets will continue to provide seemingly endless lulz for us non-Jets fans.

17. SmoothieX

You mean like this?

[​IMG]

The thing is, they brought this on themselves. The roster is full of no names, they undermined the starting QB with the Tebow debacle, the endless Super Bowl guarantees and headline grabbing, etc. If you're going to be a shitty team, follow after Jacksonville or KC, teams that no one cares about and writes off. Instead, you're a hot, steaming mess that no one can turn away from.

18. drychlick

drychlick Captain Captain

Hi guy what you think of Dallas having Josh Brent on the side line last weekend! If it ok with his teammate and the mother of the man he killed! Does it make it ok!:confused:

19. SmoothieX

I'm fine with him being there, he's going through the legal process and is currently free on bail.

I'm also fine with the Cowboys keeping him away from team facilities. They have an image to project and this guy is not a positive image right now. If I got caught doing certain crimes, I'm sure my company wouldn't want to trot me out in front of the clients.

20. tighr

Pending no overnight stat changes, I have won my league's Fantasy Football Super Bowl! With a narrow margin, too: 133-131. I was sweating there towards the end of the Denver/Cleveland game. I needed to maintain my healthy lead, but my opponent had Damaryius Thomas who turned in a stellar effort with 102 yards, 9 catches, and a TD. Meanwhile, I had one of this year's fantasy studs, Trent Richardson, and he was laying an egg. At one point, I was actually down by 2 points, but then suddenly Colt McCoy decided to throw three passes Trent's way for a 4 point boost. Whoo, nailbiter!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.