News? Stories from Dubious Sources

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by The Old Mixer, Jul 26, 2019.

1. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Whenever Discovery season three starts, there will be a fresh round of claims that Kurtzman has been fired.

The Wormhole likes this.
  2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Obviously, but before then I figure we're due for about two more firing and cancellation announcements.

3. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Because, ya know, focus groups care enough to want Prime only.

4. Campe

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  5. Lakenheath 72

Lakenheath 72 Commodore Commodore

I heard Doomcock's report. One of the things he reported was that Patrick Stewart might be having trouble with getting insurance.

I read something from last month in which John Rhys-Davies, who played Gimli (LotR) and Sallah (Indiana Jones), spoke about his difficulties with insurance. He had this to say,

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/gloc-stephen-moyer-casper-van-dien-john-rhys-davies

So, I can believe that Star Trek is having trouble with getting insurance for an octogenarian actor.

6. Ketwolski

Ketwolski Lieutenant Red Shirt

LOL well thank you! It was a lot of hard work put into that video...I hope you all enjoyed it!

7. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed it because there was still members who bought in to it. Just mind blowing.

Well played, sir, well played.

Quinton, SJGardner, Campe and 2 others like this.
  8. MrPicard

MrPicard Jean-Luc's Loving Husband Fleet Captain

I’m just not sure if this is going to stop these people... I mean from now on they’ll probably simply make up all the “rumors” themselves instead of relying on other 4chan users.

But, on the other hand, I absolutely do applaud the effort, it really shows once and for all that these people HAVE no “sources at CBS”. And it will annoy them quite a bit that this happened (even though I’m sure they’re spinning it already to fit their narrative). Good enough for me! ;)

Ketwolski and Quinton like this.
  9. Campe

If it puts the doubt in the mind of one TFM follower, I think the video’s done it’s job.

Ketwolski, Quinton, MrPicard and 2 others like this.
  10. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

I hope it does........but they are fanatical and rather cultish. Either way @Ketwolski did an outstanding job of proving them HUGE tools and a source that can't be taken seriously. Most of us KNEW this but it is nice he proved it AGAIN.

Lokiberry, Ketwolski, Quinton and 3 others like this.
  11. Captain Moe

Captain Moe Captain Captain

Only had time to watch the first 10 minutes during lunch, but what I did see looks like it's going to be absolutely epic. Well done.

Look forward to watching it in full after work.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    Quinton and KennyB like this.
  12. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

According to one of the youtube comments (or maybe it was a tweet), Midnight’s Edge originally praised ‘The Last Jedi’, but now pretends they always hated it. Anyone know if that’s true?

KennyB likes this.
  13. ThreeEdgedSword

ThreeEdgedSword Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Loved it, even though I'm one of the people having a hard time because he speaks so fast! I usually turn on the CC but that didn't work here.

I doubt most of their viewers will mind, they want to believe (and rant). Parallels with certain political figures and their followers are entirely accidental.

And one of the FM a nazi? Why, I never...!

Quinton likes this.
  14. Campe

Don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least. All of these channels are only after one thing: clicks. And they've discovered that negativity and feeding others' negativity is the only way to get more of them.

Negativity = Clicks = Ad Revenue = Money in the bank. Wish I would have thought of that five years ago!

15. ThreeEdgedSword

ThreeEdgedSword Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I can believe that, too.

What I can't believe is these youtubers having any inside info or "sources".

MrPicard and Campe like this.
  16. Quinton

Quinton Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm watching the video right now! It was posted on another message board. I absolutely love what you've done. I've had to put my coffee down out of laughter like five times.

Ketwolski likes this.
  17. Ketwolski

Thank you for the kind words!

18. Ketwolski

100% yes to this! Its the entire reason behind these videos that I do. And I have seen a few comments saying that the video is opening their eyes a bit. So all in all I did what I set out to do!

19. MakeshiftPython

MakeshiftPython Commodore Commodore

I wouldn't want to spread that Doomcock is that far-right figure, but I also believe in karma...

20. Isaac Lawrence

Isaac Lawrence "NASA’s Kepler Space Telescope" Red Shirt

I literally just finished watching this. :lol:

My thing is, why would anyone believe anything on 4chan anyway?

Doomcock and all those guys are obviously ultimately putting on a show, and sure, I'm sure they don't like much of any of the current Star Trek but, I don't know... I guess like you said, clicks equals money on YouTube so why not. And you do need new content, you can only go so many weeks saying the same thing over and over again.

Anyway, in reality Discovery will eventually be cancelled, I'd guess probably after 4 or 5 seasons. Picard after 2. Strange New Worlds will probably get about 3 seasons, and Alex Kurtzman's contract should be up at around that point. And by then hopefully they'll have figured out what they want to do with the movies. And at that point they'll decide if they want to renew his contract or go in another direction. I imagine they'll sync-up the movies and the TV shows again, only will it be the Kelvin Timeline or the Prime Timeline, or both, or neither?

Of course, I imagine you can't run a YouTube channel by saying stuff like this, it's too boring. :cool: