New Zealand legalises same-sex marriage

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Candlelight, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

and I see that slavery is approved of in the New Testament not just the Old Testament.

2. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Slavery is fine, just treat your slaves humanely and God loves you. Stone your wife because you don't like her and God loves you.

Divorce your wife and you can never marry again. Better to stone her. Widowers can remarry.

Your turn, Brent. Please use actual New Testament scripture to support your argument. So far, you have not.

3. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Marriage pre-dates Christianity. It is not yours to "define".

4. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

You're right, it's Gods, I never said it was mine to define. He defined it, the creator of you, the one who made all of us, the one who created marriage in the first place, has defined it. I'm certainly not the one that's going to go up against that. He is the only one with the authority to define and judge marriage. He has a plan for marriage, and the Bible describes it quite well. So I'm going with God on this topic.

5. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

So everyone else should have to live by laws of the god you believe in? Of all the gods in all the history of mankind, yours, and your narrow interpretation of his view on gays (because, face it, not everyone who believes in your god has a problem with them), is the correct one and should be imposed upon all others? That's pretty horrible. And I mean that word in the litteral sense -- that is truly, utterly, horrible.

6. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

And what if I am not a Christian? Or if I belong to a Christian church that reads the bible differently than you? Should I still abide by your rules when I marry?

7. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Should be changed to: Everyone else should have to live by the laws of God. There is only one.

Of course, we make the choice to follow his laws, or not, that is the choice we must all make. It isn't about religion, or denomination, or any of that crap, it's about faith, it's about your choice to follow Gods laws. I'm not going to make anyone do anything they don't want to do, choice is yours. I'm just telling you where I stand on the topic, and hope others listen with an open mind. I make no judgements, it is not my place to do so. If anyone is seeking God, by all means PM me, I'd be happy to talk about it. There is hope in this life.

8. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

So God is your rottweiler not the other way around?

9. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

10. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

But why are you ignoring J.Allen's comments that clearly show, "God" not only "defined" marriage as "one man and one woman", but made a whole lot of other stipulations too, such as that a woman has to be a virgin before marriage and re-marrying after divorce is adultery?

I don't recall there being any movement to outlaw divorce and re-marriage, despite those things being undoubtedly a much bigger threat to straight marriage than gays opting in.

11. Miss Chicken

What annoys me is that Christians that oppose gay marriage seem to have no problem with calling my marriage to a violent, controlling man a 'marriage' and yet want to disallow two men, or two women, who love and respect each other from expressing their genuine love.

My ex-husband is onto his fourth marriage and yet no Christian seems to be callling for such marriages not to be allowed to take place.

12. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Yet you have, in God's name by pretending to know God's will. You have judged others based on a book written by men that also pretend to know God's will. How do you presume to know what God wants?

The whole concept of the Bible, a book written over centuries by different people, a book touted as "the word of God", is the height of hypocrisy.

13. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

If you want to worship Allah that's your business but don't blunt my mellow by forcing it on me.

14. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

Speak for yourself. I'm a Jewboy. :p

15. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

brent you have been completely undermined by the bible. seems gods will was to make you look a fool.

if there was one true god. wouldn't there actually be only one god for people to worship?

16. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

17. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You don't get to be in charge unless you're opinionated, and you don't get to be in charge of the Catholics unless you're really opinionated.

King Solomon had 500 wives.

I believe he was very in charge for a few years.

The split between the Jews and the Muslims is because Abraham's wives wouldn't get along, and God was heavily putting his thumb on the scales with that one.

18. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Actually there are over 40,000 dieties across all Human history. Please detail, for each one, why it's false. I want proper notes, I'll even give you a week to do it.

19. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Alright, I'll rephrase - marriage pre-dates God.

20. Miss Chicken

Marriage can exist quite easily without anyone believing in God.