New unofficial Making of TMP book

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by SpHeRe31459, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

I suppose I am forced to agree. It is a massive wealth of knowledge being shared. The reader can pick and choose their way through segments that are not of interest.

2. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

No, it's because - as mentioned in the book's introductory pages - people had been waiting so long for this information (decades!) they simply weren't prepared to cut anything.

Imagine if they'd trimmed 50 pages for this release? People would be screaming, "How can I get those 50 cut pages?" and "How dare they cut stuff...!"

Just skip over the bits you don't like. Would you like a refund for the pages you don't want? We'll pass around a hat. ;)

^Ah, I see you now understand. ;)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  3. Vger23

Take it easy killer. I wouldn't want anyone to be deprived of their 5-page story about what kind of paint was used on the prop Dr. Chapel uses to spray Checkov's fried arm , and how that paint was acquired by the production.

Whatever blows your hair back I guess.

;)

4. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

I've told you a billion times not to exaggerate.

5. Vger23

Haha! Well played, sir.

:guffaw:

I actually can't wait to read this whole book and then have the experience of watching TMP again with a totally fresh perspective. That's the part I'm really excited about.