New trailer.

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by DalekJim, Mar 16, 2013.

1. chardman

chardman Vice Admiral In Memoriam

Why would I bet when I admit I don't know? It's extremely likely that it is indeed David Warner. But the few blurry seconds we seen in the trailer look (to my eyes) surprisingly like David Bradley. Again; why I'm looking for a clear screencap.

No... that was Freema. Whom I really liked, but was clearly the lightweight acting-wise of all the latterday companions. Gillian was just fine.

I not only miss Amy and Rory, but wish they'd gotten their own spin-off.

2. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, Karen Gillan was a much more nuanced performer than Catherine Tate who sadly seemed to be playing herself if her dumb appearance on Nevermind The Buzzcocks is anything to do by.

3. chardman

^Yet another thing you're completely wrong about. Tate had probably the broadest acting range of all the nuWho companions. Her whole career is based on her uncanny ability to convey characters.

4. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Donna, the best nuWho companion, Amy not far behind and much better than either Rose or Martha for me...but, it's all a matter of personal taste. Tate was the perfect companion for Tennant, Freema was just too darn anonymous and Rose/Ten just too school girly.

5. Atticus

Atticus Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

You're all wrong. Adam was by far the best nuWho companion.

6. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I paused the image, it's definitely from the Ice Warriors episode since Clara is wearing the Russian Navy uniform jacket in it.

7. chardman

Again, you're probably right, but perhaps she hangs onto said jacket, and wears it in subsequent eps as well?

8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, she's only seen wearing in the Ice Warriors episode. Besides, they are clearly on a submarine.

9. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Donna is the best TV companion ever. I miss her. :(

10. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

This. And this again. A great arc. AND, she's the only one who really stop up to the Doctor's BS.

11. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

30 seconds in. So the new console room still has the maintenance level underneath.

12. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

The original series companions that were good had the same knack for seeing through the Doctor's BS.

13. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Most of Matt Smith's episodes have been pretty dull. At least RTD had the "oh-my-god-that-was-awesome-if-you-ignore-the-plot" factor. :)

14. chardman

So... you've already seen all the episodes? Ya know for a fact that she doesn't hang onto it, and never wears it again in later episodes; that she doesn't develop a general fondness for sub-jackets that mirrors Eleven's own recurring thing for fezes? Did someone in a position of authority issue a press release stating that Jenna wouldn't ever wear it again?

Again... ya sure about that? Funny, because it sure looks like she's also wearing it in this picture of her with Dougray Scott, which is from the episode immediately after the one set aboard the sub. So I guess she ISN'T only seen wearing it in the Ice Warriors episode.

[​IMG]

They are? I take it you're sufficiently familiar with naval vessels to positively identify the location as a submarine from such a brief glimpse of such a small portion of the setting? If so, kudos to you sir, for your powers of observation.

They are indeed clearly someplace with a lot of valves and levers and dials and such, which might well indeed be a submarine, as we know that there is a submarine in the Ice Warriors episode... but could just as easily be someplace deep in the bowels of the TARDIS itself, as we also know we're going to be seeing them in "Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS"... or it might just be in the boiler room of an old office building where some other adventure is set in one of the remaining episodes of the season.

I'll happily admit that I'm likely wrong, and that you're likely right (except about Jenna's wardrobe), but I'm having a lot of fun watching folks make claims of absolute certainty about things they couldn't possibly know for certain, based only on the very same information and images we are all privy to.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  15. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Still blurry, best I could do. Looks like Warner to me.

16. chardman

Yep, probably so. But again, too blurry and brief to say with any certainty. It looks like Warner. It also looks like Bradley. It also looks like my great uncle Bob. We'll know for sure when we see it in the episode itself. 'Til then, I'm going to enjoy speculating.

17. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Would you say Asylum of the Daleks was a step down as a series opener from the halcyon days of scripts like New Earth? Or that Angels Take Manhattan was a lesser Episode 5 than... Rise of the Cybermen?

I think things could be better but this is shaping up to be the best New Who series.

18. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

Amy and Rory are my favorites, with Donna close behind... Clara looks very promising. I also like characters who give it back to the Doc.

19. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Commander Red Shirt

I like Series 6's very artistic take. Experimentation led by intuition rather than pre-imagined pieces of craft. We got basically a mini-series worth of story in Day of the Moon.. yet they let it happen instead of making a normal episode instead. Gatiss and Whithouse made more personal, psychological stories too.

20. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Maybe Teagan. And Ian and Barbara. The rest seem to just...go with the flow and take his crap.

Donna and the Doctor were so much fun to watch, and Donna I think got one of the most heart breaking send offs... (yeah, maybe undone a little but End of Time...)

That doesn't look like the same jacket from the Ice Warriors episode. There's a hood, and look at the sleeves, how they are rolled up.
    Edited to add: the color is different too. In your pic, it's blue, in the submarine, it's black. And there's a collar in the submarine one, where here... it's a hood. Two different coats.