new starship design

Discussion in 'Trek Tech' started by Cmdr Sho, Jan 28, 2009.

1. cybersoldier

cybersoldier Commander Red Shirt

If there is a TNG reboot, that could be the new E-D

2. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

yeah i can do. I've never been asked before.
    i usually do it for a what if scenario

3. Cmdr Sho

Cmdr Sho Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

hmmmmmmm..... that is very good!!! i like that one!!! how about this for a soverign redo... give it voyager style pylons and give it a nova saucer at a 300% size increase...

4. hellsgate

hellsgate Commodore

I'm just looking for an M.S.D. for the batwing style (Jim Martin's) Defiant "Valiant" prototype. Plus, An "all good things" tri-nacelle version of the Intrepid-Class with the megaphaser under the saucer instead of the aerowing shuttle.

5. judge alba

is the msd the plan thats in the rear of the enterprise 'd?. if it is then i may not be able to help much i've never done one of those though i belive another poster on this board dose those
    also im not sure what the valiant prototype is.
    is this it?
    [​IMG]

but as for the three nacelle intrepid. yeah i'll give it a go how long have i got to do it?

cmdr sho if you want i can probaly draw up your original idea in a bit if you want

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  6. hellsgate

hellsgate Commodore

Yeah, that's the one, G.S. How long? Take your time. I'm thinking of singular post-Dominion War kitbash vessels built to protect the "Guardian of Forever" (and the Federation science station constructed in orbit,) from renewed animosities between the Klingons and Romulans. Ships to be named later.

7. Cmdr Sho

Yes please!!! I would love to see it!! You can name it too and give it a class if you want as well... Would love to see what you come up with... How do you do these drawings? By hand or computer?

8. Good

Good Commander Red Shirt

::Groan::

Please don't give anyone any ideas.

9. judge alba

ok then this is a side view of your first post. havent got round to the other views yet and it may not be the final shape may tweak a few things on her.
    may have a crack at your second idea when i get time. i've been practicing in sketchup to do a few starships my 3d stuff nothing too fancy yet so i'm concentrating on that a bit more.
    as to these 3 view drawings i use a mixture of cut and paste with some free hand drawing followed by a bit of cleaning up. i've done quite a few of them from pre tos up to tng all of them done on my computer. though sometimes if i see a shape at work or something that looks starshippy i'll quckly sketch it before doing it on the pc.

[​IMG]

also i hope you dont mind me posting this ship here for hellsgate

[​IMG]

i think that's what your after. are there any changes you want?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  10. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

11. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

No Offence to the guy who made this ,but as a kid when I would play with my Micro Machines if I wanted more variaty I would just flip my Galaxy class upside down and I'd have an instant Nebula. Seeing that fliped galaxy just brought back memories that's all.

12. judge alba

you know its funny you saying that beacause i did excactly the same thing well kind off used to cut up a few spares and make myself a tos dreadnought or a nebula.:)

13. Cmdr Sho

Ooohhh.... That is quite good on both!!! But I wanted to see a soverign class with intrepid style pylons and the saucer like a nova class but at 300% rational increase in size.... If possable... And take your time...

To all:
    Any ideas to improve the above idea??

14. judge alba

can do .what have you got in mind. when i do these ships i have problems getting the curves right some times. part of the reason i stick to the tos era very few curves,:) though you mentioning the d-10 that s one i may do in a while got my fed hospital ship to do and a scout yet. though these may take some time (another reason why i stick to non federation ships at present ) also half way through a d-7 but for some reason I'm having problems getting the engineering hull right

15. Cmdr Sho

hmmm..... thats ok.... i dont mind if it is a little off as long as the general idea is there....

16. hellsgate

hellsgate Commodore

[​IMG]

SWEET!!! Thank you!!!

I'm going to be listing this ship as:

U.S.S. Defiance
    NCC 75216
    Defiance-Class
    (Intrepid-Class [D.W. Refit])

Propulsion: Q.S.S. Enabled.
    Cruise Speed: Warp 9.7
    Defensive / Offensive Systems:
    • Phased Mass Holographic Masking System.
    • High Yield "Phaser Lance" (* in lieu of aerowing captain's yacht.)
    • Standard Phasers / Torpedoes.
    • Tricobalt Missile Cache.
    • "Condition: Blue" Vertical Take-Off And Landing
    • Multi-Layered Auto-Rotating Shields.

Auxiliary Vehicles:
    • 2 - Type 15 (Interceptor-Class) Shuttlecraft.
    • 1 - Workbee

Some of the expected quarters and science labs have been neglected in favor of more "assault transport" options such as an entire deck dedicated to The Starfleet Marines' requirements. "The Doghouse": 'Tactical' Holosuite (a.k.a. 'Mark 2' Stellar Cartography), Infirmary, Transporter Room, Ordinance Locker, (Defiant-Class) bunk-style quarters, et al. The Defiance has been permanently assigned to protecting The Guardian of Forever & "Gateway Station" in orbit.

Only 3 ships of this type have been converted from their original Intrepid-Class layout since their completion at Utopia Planetia (circa 2377).

The Defiance-Class has significantly fewer crew and no such options as Kes' "Horticultural Lab". Instead, the Defiance-Class has a dormant / redundant secondary warp core and dedicated deuterium/anti-matter storage tanks designed to kick-in as necessary to power shields, life-support & other auxiliary / emergency back-up systems, (or the phaser lance when required) so they don't suck essential power from the main core & the primary nacelles that the main core feeds on, under normal circumstances. In addition to providing one HELL of an unforgettable wake-up call during "Self-Destruct".

She's a rottweiller on steroids, specifically designed to face-down anyone from The Klingons, Krenim, and The Romulans, straight through to The Borg.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  17. Cmdr Sho

OMG!!! That is one hell of a set up that ship is packing!!!! I love it...

Squirrel:

Can you add another necell to the top of the stardrive section as well??

18. judge alba

the inverted d or the sovereign redo?

19. Cmdr Sho

sovereign redo....

20. Dayton3

Dayton3 Admiral

It has already basically been done.

The Adamant class at Journal of Applied Treknology.