News New Season 2 Commercial

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Tuskin38, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Spock's care-free jocular demeanor all changed after "THE WOMEN" incident. He's never quite been the same.

2. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Spock smiling? That’d never happen.

[​IMG]

3. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

He also smirked quite a few times in the earlier episodes.I can't think of which ones off hand though. However what I want to know is, will the trademark Spock "pout" be used? :D
    [​IMG]

JasonJ and Tuskin38 like this.
  4. STEPhon IT

STEPhon IT Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Enough of the fan service, just give me Star Trek.

5. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Star Trek has always been fan service

6. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Shhhh.

7. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

The show looks so much more promising when they don't use the Klingons. A shame they can't seem to let them go.

CaptainMurdock likes this.
  8. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think there in tough spot with the Klingons. People like them so they think they need them but if they use them like in the past because of the makeup people will think it's racist. The new look didn't work so now they are trying to salvage them with giving them hair and it might work a little but it still doesn't change the big issue which is the makeup being to extensive and it hurts the actors ability to act. I have no idea if Mary Chieffo is a good actor or not because to pass judgment with her having all that gunk on her face seems really unfair.

Jason

9. BillJ

They aren't. The Klingons were badly over used in the 90's/early 2000's. I don't think anyone would have missed them if they hadn't been there.

The art people went into overdrive recreating the Klingons, seems the writers went to a bar and got drunk.

10. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There are so may great TOS era aliens to explore over Klingons.

11. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Yep, even when he wasn't unusually emotional, Spock was never a robot. He was perfectly capable of displaying amusement, concern, sorrow, or so on, albeit in a subtle matter. As when, say, bantering with McCoy or jamming with Uhura in the rec room.

12. BillJ

Or they could've created something new, something they could have go out in a blaze of glory.

Instead we got dual-penis Klingons.

13. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    As I have grown older, I've come to realize that having 'One Prostate' is more than enough aggravation for a single lifetime.
    I don't even want to imagine having to deal with Two!:crazy:

No wonder Klingon Adult Males are so grumpy.
    :klingon:

14. Rahul

Rahul Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You know, I try to make my peace with DIS, and are actually mostly looking forward to the sext season.

But every now and then, I have this weird sensation of thinking: Did they really do that? On a Star Trek show?

Like, did two of the main characters really eat Michelle Yeoh's character? Did they really had to save the multiverse? Did they really show klingons having two penises? Is it really possible to blow up Kronos with a hand-held device, and nobody ever noticed? DId we really see this amount of blood and gore an a pulpy family show?

And then I'm thinking who the hell EVER thought ANY of this would be a good idea? And why the hell are these types of people allowed near the proximity of a popular IPs writer room? And then I take a step back, remember Man of Steel/Batman v. Superman/Justice League, Disney Star Wars, Kurtzdmans' "The Mummy", Transformers,... and think: Man, Hollywood executives are really fucking dumb nowadays.

Gepard, jaime and eschaton like this.
  15. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have to admit I have hard time telling what would have been different in the 1960s.

Timo Saloniemi

16. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fun Fact: There is only one season in all Star Trek which does not feature any Klingons at all: Enterprise season 3.

eschaton, BillJ and TribbleFeeder like this.
  17. jaime

jaime Vice Admiral Admiral

Her grandmother died on not LV426

18. jaime

jaime Vice Admiral Admiral

That could be a shot from post voyager. Are they knocking up sets for the Picard show and sharing them already?

19. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

No

20. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Picard show doesn't start filming until April. They would not have built sets for it when this season of Disco was filming.