New Marvel Ghost Rider and Helstrom series coming to Hulu

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, May 1, 2019.

1. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

It makes absolutely no sense to go with the Alejandra Jones GR. But, since the website linked is basically always shown to be full of shit, I'll believe it when an at least semi-reputable website talks about it, and not before.

2. Grendelsbayne

Grendelsbayne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I haven't read the link here, but the Alejandra Jones rumor I read said she would appear in Multiverse of Madness as a GR in an alternate reality. So given the obvious assumption that such an appearance would be a one-off cameo not designed to launch a solo franchise, I can absolutely see them going for a much lesser known character and also turning some heads with the idea of a female Ghost Rider.

They can still always have Blaze star in his own movie or show. And if she turns out to be wildly popular, they can bring her into the main reality in some other project.

Booji likes this.
  3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That would make a bit more sense.
    I wonder if the loss of Ghost Rider is going effect Helstrom? The original announcement made it sound like they were going to be connected.
    Obviously this is early enough to make any necessary changes, so it's not a bit deal, but I could see it requiring a bit of story shifting if they were supposed to lead to a crossover at some point.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

There are casual moviegoers who'll see Ghost Rider and get excited, but I doubt very many of them know who Johnny Blaze is or would care if he's the Ghost Rider they get on screen.

As for Helstrom, if rumors of all TV development being moved under the purview of Marvel Studios are true, I'd expect to hear news of its cancellation in the near future.

5. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

cast announced

6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I have to admit that my enthusiasm for Helstrom has diminished since they announced that Ghost Rider wasn't moving forward.

7. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

So will this most likely be the last live action series from Jeph Loeb's time in charge of the TV side of Marvel?

9. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

During the TCA press tour today, Hulu Senior VP Craig Erwich mentioned that he's seen "quite a few" episodes of MODOK and the first 4 episodes of Helstrom.
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/patton-oswalts-modok-marvel-series-gets-update-fro/1100-6472854/
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/hulu-boss-gives-marvels-helstrom-update-get-ready-/1100-6472856/

He hinted that we might be hearing about a release date for the shows soon. But that could really mean anything.

But whatever the wait, it's obvious that the shows are making their way through the production cycle. No reason to think that he just watched the shows this week either, though he may have. So it's entirely possible that more episodes than just 4 are complete for both shows. The point being though, they're happening.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder if these will be allowed continue beyond their first seasons now the the leadership of the TV side of Marvel has changed?

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

They just finished up the Comic-Con panel, which included our first teaser. It definitely has a very different tone from most of what we've gotten from Marvel so far, but I like it, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing more.

Teaser:

Full panel:

12. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

So, MCU or not ?

13. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I notice it's not "Marvel's Helstrom".

Relayer1 likes this.
  14. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I guess the Ghost Rider series wasn't meant to be. When I was following Agents and listening to a podcast about it, they kept bringing up Ghost Rider with Robbie Rayes and it seemed like a done deal. It almost feels like what happened with GR was the same as what happened to Marvel's Most Wanted.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

We've got a new trailer for Helstrom

I'm not familiar with the comics, but coming in with no knowledge of the characters, I like what I'm seeing.

16. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Originally his comic was called The Son of Satan, We’ll see if that plays out on screen. And Ana was called Satanna.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral