Game New game: Star Trek Infinite

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Eduardo, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Eduardo

Eduardo Captain Captain

We are pleased to announce Star Trek: Infinite, a new game developed with the team at Nimble Giant Entertainment. Bringing the captivating fantasy of the Star Trek universe into an experience not before had. Follow our social media accounts and save the date for June 16th, Picard Day, where we will make a full reveal of Star Trek: Infinite.

Website: https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/our-games/paradox-arc/star-trek-infinite
    Instagram: https://instagram.com/startrekinfinite
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/TrekInfinite
    Facebook: https://facebook.com/StarTrekInfinite

Last edited: Jun 16, 2023
  2. Eduardo

Eduardo Captain Captain

PD:
    https://twitter.com/TrekInfinite/status/1666910249624948736

3. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Infinite's trailer looking like a trailer for a mobile game was literally my first thought when I saw the trailer, so I'm glad they addressed it, and that its not a mobile game. Personally I'm hoping for a 4X type game, with a console port. Regardless its great to have more non-mobile Star Trek games getting made.

4. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nimble Giant Entertainment developed the most recent Masters of Orion game, so they do have experience with sci-fi strategy.

PlainSimpleJoel likes this.
  5. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

TrekCore has a press release with details, including that it'll be on both PC and Mac.

Paradox Interactive and Paramount Consumer Products Announce A New Grand Strategy Game, Star Trek: Infinite
    Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before, Exploring Unique Stories And Quests On PC And macOS This Fall

STOCKHOLM — June 8, 2023 — Paradox Interactive and developer Nimble Giant Entertainment, under license from Paramount Consumer Products, today revealed Star Trek: Infinite, a grand strategy game based on the iconic sci-fi franchise. Set a few decades before Star Trek: The Next Generation, players will run an entire fleet within the Star Trek universe, commanding one of four major powers in the galaxy: the United Federation of Planets, Romulan Star Empire, Cardassian Union, or Klingon Empire. Star Trek: Infinite is coming to PC and macOS this Fall.

Star Trek: Infinite puts players in command of one of four major powers in the galaxy, each with individualized traits, stories, quests, and more to make their play feel distinct. With stunning visuals, difficult choices, and unique gameplay, this game allows players to experience a beloved franchise in a new way as they navigate contact with other empires and worlds.

“It is an honor to bring one of entertainment’s most iconic properties to life for our players and Star Trek’s multigenerational fanbase,” said Fredrik Wester, CEO of Paradox Interactive. “We know how much this franchise means to fans all over the world, and we are working closely with Nimble Giant and Paramount Consumer Products to create a faithful and fulfilling game that lives up to their expectations.”

Odd that the teaser has Borg, Galaxies, Sovereigns, and Intrepids, and yet the game is set in the "lost era" before TNG.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
    Seven of Five likes this.
  6. Char Kais

Char Kais Commander Red Shirt

So much for "create a faithful game".

This is the second game after "Resurgence" that is going to be released in 2023 and that is fully steeped within TNG-era design aesthetics. No sign of NuTrek design at all (even Resurgence had a JJ-style bridge window).

TNG-era ships, TNG-era characters.

The representative of the Romulan Empire, Taris, is a character that appeared in a single TNG episode from 1989, 34 years ago.

It's pretty clear who Paramount thinks the target audience is and who Paramount thinks is buying Star Trek games.
    I think it speaks volumes that Paramount doesn't use the Discovery or the Strange New Worlds settings.

7. Tuskin38

I'm 95% sure this game will be based off Stellaris
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

^ Quite sure that Paradox makes Stellaris. Been a fan of that game (haven't played it for a while)

Am interested in this game, from what I have seen.

9. Harpsichord

Harpsichord Commander Red Shirt

I'd wager the game's startdate is in the "lost era" but that the timeframe reaches TNG-era in the endgame. I'd also bet that the Borg are used like crises in Stellaris, as a way to provide a major challenge for the player at the end of a game.

David cgc likes this.
  10. Tuskin38

Yes, but this game isn't developed by Paradox, just published, but even just being published would put a point in favour.

11. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

You seem to forget how long games take to make. This game was probably pitched and started design before the first episode of Star Trek Discovery aired.

Destructor and ED-209 like this.
  12. JoseNoodles

JoseNoodles Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Always thought Paramount was leaving money on the table by not having another Star Trek strategy game since Birth of the Federation and the Armada games. There are are a bunch of Star Trek themed mods for other modern strategy games, I'm glad we're getting an official game. 4X isn't my thing, but this might be a chance for me to get into them.

ichab likes this.
  13. ichab

ichab Commodore Commodore

BOTF and Armada are two of my favorite Star Trek games. So I'm very much looking forward to seeing the full reveal.

JoseNoodles and Timofnine like this.
  14. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

I look forward to this with great interest. Birth of the Federation was a fun game, and I've been playing Stellaris recently. Add that that Masters of Orion has been a frequent game played and you have a potential Star Trek contender. A lot of content has happened since Birth of the Federation. A lot more generations of starships are possible now. From the NX and Constitutions to the Galaxy and Odyssey, to even the likes of the 32nd century designs.

ichab likes this.
  15. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

Excited to see a Trek 4X game (I'm hoping that's it, anyway; the information is a bit vague), but there are quite a few good space 4X games out there already - some with well-established Trek mods. It'll have to have some standout features to rise above them.

I think Paradox's involvement is a mixed blessing. They're notorious for relying very heavily on DLC, often with a very sparse base game.

16. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

This would be my dream Star Trek game combination. :adore:

ichab likes this.
  17. Deks

Deks Vice Admiral Admiral

If it's a 4x game, then it looks like they might create something like Birth of the Federation only for modern times.

I definitely liked botf (especially with mods), so it will be interesting to see what they come up with for this.

Like others suggested, a merger of botf and armada 3 could be great

18. ED-209

ED-209 Commodore Commodore

That's because most modern Trek eats ass, it's a sensible business decision to base it in a more popular era.

ichab likes this.
  19. Darth Thanos

Darth Thanos Lieutenant Red Shirt

Is this a Stellaris DLC or a standalone game?

20. Cube1701

Cube1701 Lieutenant Red Shirt

It's a standalone game, made by a different developer (it's published by the makers of Stellaris).