New Frontier Collections?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by DantePD, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Smiley

Smiley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was using the version that was current when Stone and Anvil first came out. I don't know if it's the same one that is recommended with the NF PDFs or not. In any case, I've got the physical books now, so I don't need to fight the software any longer on this issue.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, ok. I missed where it said "in the coversion process". :brickwall: :brickwall:

3. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you do look for Stone and Anvil, keep in mind that only the first printing of the hardcover has the CD--and there was more than one printing.

4. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

I'm sure it'll come. We used to regularly ask for an issue #0 compilation, too, and PAD was interested: an omnibus of all three volumes of the Worf "Starfleet Academy" YA novels, which feature K'Ehleyr and pre-NF young Kebron, Tobius, McHenry and Soleta. Perhaps revised to make brother Simon Rozhenko into the canonical Nikolai.

5. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I would love to have an omnibus of the three Starfleet Academy books because I've never had the opportunity to read them.

6. DBR

DBR Vice Admiral Admiral

I had forggoten about this, but now that I think about it, I looked for that book in hard back when it came out and couldn't find a copy with the CD in it -- was it not available in Canada, anyone know?

7. William Leisner

William Leisner Scribbler Rear Admiral

As far as I know, all North America gets the same US-printed books. However, it was only the first printing that had the CD-ROM.

8. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

I bought mine w/CD-ROM in Sydney, Australia... but only a few weeks later bookshops were receiving the second printing - because S&A sold very well.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure you could find them cheep on Ebay. You should deffinitely read them if you get the chance, because IIRC they were really good. TBH I don't think I've read them in about 10 years so my opinion could have changed in that time, but I doubt it very much.

10. Steve Roby

Steve Roby Rear Admiral Premium Member

I'm in Canada, and I got the CD ROM. JADP.