New catalog entries - CLB, Ward, and DRGIII

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by DarkHorizon, Nov 4, 2012.

1. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

New catalog entries have appeared at the Simon & Schuster website. As has become increasingly common, everything (short of the author) in the entry can be a placeholder, up to and including the titles (since it seems it has become Pocket policy to create placeholder titles for contracts).

The first is for Christopher's new Enterprise novel, announced the other day:

http://books.simonandschuster.com/S...eration-A/Christopher-L-Bennett/9781476706740

Next, comes another Original Series novel, From History's Shadow, by Dayton Ward:

http://books.simonandschuster.com/S...ries-From-History's/Dayton-Ward/9781476719009

I suspect this is the "untitled" novel at the top of Dayton's worklist on his blog.

And, finally...

Star Trek: The Fall - Book 1: Time and Revelation by David R George III. I suspect this is the DS9 anniversary work he announced last year. DRG's titles are particularly prone to the issue of being placeholders (see earlier issues with Plagues/Raise and next year's TOS novel...), so this in particular should not be relied upon:

http://books.simonandschuster.com/S...I/Star-Trek-The-Next-Generation/9781476722177

There are also entries for the Star Trek Craft Book and Star Trek Cross-Stitch.

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

There's all kinds of weirdness with Star Trek: The Fall, it doesn't have a release date listed, it just says its out of stock and its listed as a TNG book.

EDIT: They're all listed as out of stock instead of having release dates.

3. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

You must've missed the little side bar, since "The Fall" has an August 2013 release date.

According to S&S's website, all three books are set to be released in June, July and August 2013, respectively.

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Although I was told Rise of the Federation would be the July book, so I'm not sure which is accurate.

5. DarkHorizon

Those are the actual release months, rather than the publication months, though, Christopher. Choice is indeed the July book. The full release dates are:

Choice: June 25th
    History's: July 30th
    Fall, Book I: August 27th

6. shanejayell

shanejayell Captain Captain

Cool. No details yet but...

7. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

DRGIII just posted about the entry on his Facebook page (I'm posting the whole thing for those who don't like Facebook):

8. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Awesome! Hope there are 4-year-gap flashbacks!

9. DarkHorizon

Interesting. This bit:
    suggests that DRGIII is only writing this particular book, and that this might be a multi-book series by more than one author... :vulcan:

10. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

I noticed that too. Maybe the 4 year gap will be told in multiple parts by multiple authors. Or maybe it's something else entirely. Hopefully we find out soon :)

11. toughlittleship

toughlittleship Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Interesting. Hopefully The Fall is a DS9 only miniseries.

12. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks for posting information from David George about his upcoming Ds9 novel The Fall. I hope this Deep space 9 series will cover the missing four years we've been wanting know about what happened to ceratin characters and storylines .This is awesome news.Next year is going to be a great year for startrek books!:beer::D:hugegrin::eek::biggrin:

13. Sho

Sho Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Next Fall read The Fall!

14. WarsTrek1993

WarsTrek1993 Captain Captain

This is awesome news, I can't wait to read these, especially The Fall and Rise of the Federation.

Let me just sat, DRGIII should be hancuffed to the DS9 chair, based on reading his Typhon Pact Dualogy. (Note: I haven't read his other DS9 works yet).

15. BillJ

Is it just me or do these sound like bookend series? One dealing with the rise of the Federation and the other dealing with its decline.

16. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Yes it is just you.

17. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Given how quickly the recent novels have been moving up in the timeline towards 2387, I think it's far more likely that The Fall would be about the Hobus Supernova and the fall of Romulus than about the fall of the Federation.

18. BillJ

That's possible too. But aren't we still about four years away? It would seem weird for DS9 to do another time skip.

19. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

It would, which is why I don't necessarily think The Fall will be about Romulus. But I think it's more likely to be about Romulus than the fall of the Federation. ;)

20. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We know from the framing story of The Good That Men Do that the Federation isn't about to go anywhere.