Neelix Had Some Great Episodes Throughout the Series

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by tomalak301, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I sort of think when they were past Neelix's known areas of space, he should have occasionally scouted nearby systems the ship would pass. If he hadn't been around every week, time spent on his scenes could have been used for the other characters. And Neelix's off-ship adventures might lead to trouble for Voyager.

2. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I think Neelix worked best when he wasn't the focus.

I didn't mind Flotter. I mean, if you compare it to every appearance of children in TNG that wasn't Disaster, it's far better handled. Though they should have made Naomi a little socially maladjusted.

3. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If a cannibal used a knife and fork would you say that's "far better handled" too? :p

4. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

I agree.
    I didn't mind Neelix' jealousy about Kes.
    He was homeless and living in garbage when Voyager found him. In all the universe, Kes is all he had.
    She was only one in years to ever return his love.
    Too see him as more than just a bum.
    What's that song: "You are everything and everything is you."

Too quote Obi-Wan: "Who's more foolish. The fool or the fool that follows?"
    Neelix isn't an officer and has no rank, he's a civilian.
    Even as a Maquis, Hogan held rank. He had the right too decline what Neelix asked. Hogan got himself eaten for doing what he knew might not be right.

5. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Chell was in two, wasn't he? Learning Curve and...the other one I can't think of right now. :)

6. exodus

He was in 3.
    Learning Curve
    Repression
    Q2

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Repression comes to mind.

Wikipedia says that they used him, and by that I hope they mean the same actor, in the video game Voyager Elite Force.

Good Lord!

Under all that blue, it's the Doc from My Secret Identity!

8. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I thought I saw him in Haunting Of Deck Twelve.

Although Neelix is probably my least favorite main he did take a good storytelling role. He was there to take some of the weight off over serious scenes.

Also, with Flotter. At least that seemed like a real children's holodeck program. Did you see Cost Of Living? I would have rather they spend the screen time in other ways, but if they had to do Naomi episodes, they could have done far worse. TNG is proof.

Didn't Chell also appear in Haunting Of Deck 12?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  9. BruntFCA

BruntFCA Commander Red Shirt

Really? I always thought the opposite, whenever the episode was about Neelix I tended to like him but when he was only in a few scenes he was much more annoying.

10. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Repression! That's the one I was thinking of! I honestly don't remember him in Q2 at all, but VOY ain't my speciality so I don't feel too bad. ;)

11. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well what do we got.. the digestion issues aka farting, the co-husbands and apparently a taste for aged meat. This is perfect for me, don't even have to cook for the buggers just buy almost at useby steaks (cheaper!) and hand it to them a week later. Farting doesn't bother me, good excuse to insist on air conditioning for ventilation. More than one of these blue guys? SURE bring it on though I may require my own room as I'm not that social.

Yes everything is related to me. And if hairdressing turns out to be some kind of innate skillset then WIN.

12. exodus

Q jr was assigned to help him scrub the warp plasma conduits.{Chell was always getting punished for something, wasn't he?)

Oh wait, he was in "Linage" too
    He gave Tom advice about child development by saying the baby should be born near the warp core to help the babies disposition.

13. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Memory Alpha says he actually APPEARED in Learning Curve and Repression(for some reason I forgot about him being in that one). He was referenced in many more episodes, Bride of Chaotica, Lineage, Q2, Natural Law and Endgame.

14. jpch

jpch Commander Red Shirt

Delta Quadrant Borg Queen appartement 8472
    haha i loved Chell...strangely we barely knew him but everyone remembers him.

15. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

He and Neelix could have had an Annoy off.

First one to get a tear out of the Vulcan wins.

16. teacake

They are to Vulcans what tribbles are to Klingons.

17. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The biggest issue with Neelix, was inconsistent writing. In a true Neelix episode, we see him being loved and respected by the crew. In other episodes, he's a comic relief, and the rest of the crew make fun of him behind his back.

18. exodus

Doesn't everybody do this? :lol:
    Love somebody but also hate certain qualities about them that you talk to other friends about it when they're not around.

Example: "I loves me some Miss Jenkins!!"
    "......but her breath smells so bad it makes your eyes water and little babies cry!"

19. teacake

He's like an annoying uncle that you really kind of like because you get a lot of attention telling hilarious stories about how annoying he is. So you invite him over for more fodder.

20. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I looked it up and he wasn't in either of those episodes. Like R. Star said, he was only referenced in them. At least I feel better about only remembering him in two episodes. ;)