Nearly 800,000 U.S. TV households 'cut the cord'

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by John Picard, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Argus Skyhawk

Argus Skyhawk Commodore Commodore

I'm only paying about $35 per month for DirecTV. Of course, it's a simple package; no movie channels, etc.

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I went 6 months without cable and could have continued forever, but when I moved a month ago, it made more sense to get a cable/internet package than just internet by itself. However, I very much need to get a DVR. Cable without a DVR is practically useless to me because I work when my favorite shows are on.

3. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Disagree. Not really talking about a big enough number yet to draw any conclusions or trends. This article, plus the ones you showed, also want to attach meaning to the small number, and why they did it. With the economy in the shitter, could just be too expensive to keep cable or satellite. When the economy rebounds, and some of these people get cable again, it won't be a trend towards the internet/netflix dying, it'll be about money, just like a big chunk of the people that went TO the internet before the recession.

4. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

Also note that it takes just a drop of water to start a flood.

5. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

And just like in your metaphor, context is everything. Sometimes it's just a drop of water. Gotta either show a lot MORE drops of water, saturated ground, a dam about to let go, SOMETHING, before you point at a leaky faucet and declare that it's time to build an ark...

6. mrcoaster

mrcoaster Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is the ark going to have cable or satellite?

7. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Seems like probably just bringing old DVDs is the answer, as even getting to a mailbox would be difficult :)